Discussion topic: My touch pad on the sky Q remote isn't working

This message was authored by Fiddlesticks This message was authored by: Fiddlesticks

My touch pad on the sky Q remote isn't working

Sky have sent me a new sky remote but it isn't the same as my old one. The touch remote uses WiFi to connect to the sky box which is great because my sky box isn't in the same room as my TV. But the replacement remote is infa red so it can't operate my sky box. The sky adviser told me sky no longer do the touch remote or a WiFi remote is this true? If so apart from the obvious and putting my sky box in the same room as my TV is there a way to get around this problem. Thanks. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: My touch pad on the sky Q remote isn't working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fiddlesticks wrote:

Sky have sent me a new sky remote but it isn't the same as my old one. The touch remote uses WiFi to connect to the sky box which is great because my sky box isn't in the same room as my TV. But the replacement remote is infa red so it can't operate my sky box. The sky adviser told me sky no longer do the touch remote or a WiFi remote is this true? If so apart from the obvious and putting my sky box in the same room as my TV is there a way to get around this problem. Thanks. 

@Fiddlesticks the touch remote used bluetoothif your new remote has a voice button on it ie a blue button then it is also bluetooth and just needs pairing to your box 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Fiddlesticks   It is important to ensure that the new remote can see (line of sight) to initially pair the remote to the box. The old touch remotes are now museum pieces.

Fiddlesticks
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fiddlesticks This message was authored by: Fiddlesticks

Thank you for your advice new remote working 👍

Fiddlesticks
Topic Author

Thank you for your help. I wasn't pairing the new remote directly in front of the sky box. All working now 🙏

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion