Discussion topic: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require please ?

This message was authored by BugzPhotoz This message was authored by: BugzPhotoz

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pleas

Thats what the engineer did with mine a few years ago, swapped out box, update and ran away quickly saying see if that sorts it out.  For sound I use the digital optical out to a Sonos Playbar from the Sky Q main box.  Has anyone got their sound setup differently? Via the TV maybe?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pleas

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BugzPhotoz wrote:

Thats what the engineer did with mine a few years ago, swapped out box, update and ran away quickly saying see if that sorts it out.  For sound I use the digital optical out to a Sonos Playbar from the Sky Q main box.  Has anyone got their sound setup differently? Via the TV maybe?

The guy who posted immediately after you (post 4 I think) said his was HDMI to TV then Arc to av amp. So very different.

fwiw I use HDMI direct to Yamaha amp and have ethernet connection. Never had this issue. Must be painful.

Don't think anyone has said what audio outout format they are using?

This message was authored by Mark182004 This message was authored by: Mark182004

Mine is setup Samsung tv hdmi from sky q then Samsung soundbar is connected Bluetooth.

when I connected via hdmi arc I had another issue where the audio would suddenly turn the only way I can describe like a robot.

this happened with the sky box set to either normal or Dolby. 

The same with the sound drops can hear it on both settings but Dolby is more prominent.

i think it may be more of a issue with Samsung TVs/skyq 

touch wood the drops have disappeared for the last couple of weeks but skyq software has not changed.

This message was authored by HiHoSilver2000 This message was authored by: HiHoSilver2000

I've tried optical out, connecting with wifi and Bluetooth before removing the soundbar from the setup, made no difference. 

Currently using network cable to sky box, will try WiFi out of interest.

This message was authored by BugzPhotoz This message was authored by: BugzPhotoz

I had a new TV and cabinet delivered at the weekend and I asked the guys from Weybridge Audio to have a look at my Sky Q sound issue in our lounge.  He was in there 10 minuts and came back saying its fixed. I had my suspicions as he was so quick, but having watch TV for 2 evenings there is no drop out.

He changed the sound settings on the TV and Sky box, so I'll give it a couple more days testing and then i'll share what my settings are.  If this is a fix I'll be very grateful to the knowledgable team at Weybridge Audio and also very disapointed in Sky who havent been able to resolve it for ages, and for so many people.  Fingers crossed.....

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BugzPhotoz wrote:

I had a new TV and cabinet delivered at the weekend and I asked the guys from Weybridge Audio to have a look at my Sky Q sound issue in our lounge.  He was in there 10 minuts and came back saying its fixed. I had my suspicions as he was so quick, but having watch TV for 2 evenings there is no drop out.

He changed the sound settings on the TV and Sky box, so I'll give it a couple more days testing and then i'll share what my settings are.  If this is a fix I'll be very grateful to the knowledgable team at Weybridge Audio and also very disapointed in Sky who havent been able to resolve it for ages, and for so many people.  Fingers crossed.....

Used to live up the road from them. Still using the B&W speakers I bought from them in 2008. Great to hear they're still going.

This message was authored by skygo-user12345 This message was authored by: skygo-user12345

@BugzPhotoz

Is yoy sound problem sorted?

Please say yes 😀

Morning everyone,

After watching TV everyday for just over a week I can confirm that my sound drop out problem has been fixed 🙂

So here is how my system is now setup, thanks to the expert team at Weybridge Audio

I have a Samsung TV with an external One Connect box. There is an HDMI cable from the SkyQ Main box to the One Connect Box and a optical cable from the One Connect to a Sonos Playbar (first version).

On the TV my Audio output is set in the Expert settings to:

HMDI Input audio format: Bitstream

Digital Output Audio Format: Dolby Digital

On the Sky Q box my Audio output is set to:

Digital audio output HDMI: Dolby Digital

Digital audio output optical: Normal

Hope this helps

Sky Screen.jpgTV Screen.jpg

This message was authored by HiHoSilver2000 This message was authored by: HiHoSilver2000

In another post, sorry I can't find the correct post to give credit,  someone suggested trying changing the network settings, ie. How the sky q box connects to the Internet.

Sounded like nonsense (sorry, however suggested it 😀) but I was desperate. 

Tried connecting via my sky broadband WiFi, rather than my fancy mesh WiFi or direct network cable....

It worked, been a full day with no sound problems.

Worth a try for anyone as a last resort.

If it stops again, I'll post back but so far, so good.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion