Discussion topic: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require please ?

This message was authored by Gunny24 This message was authored by: Gunny24

My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require please ?

My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so  on my main SkyQ box - what is the setting change required please (Sky have walked me through this before)

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pl...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Gunny24 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pl...

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by BugzPhotoz This message was authored by: BugzPhotoz

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pleas

Did you get this resolved? I have the same problem.

This message was authored by Welshdoc This message was authored by: Welshdoc

Re: My sound cuts out for a second every 20 seconds or so - what is the setting change require pleas

This has also been happening for me over the last week or so.

It's so annoying.

I remember a similar problem years ago which I think had a very long thread on here.

Not changed any settings, although TV has had a software update, but only occurs with Sky Q (not TV apps).

Have tried a Q box reset (from the engineer menu) as suggested on another thread, with no change.

HDMI to TV (Sony A80J) then ARC to amp (Sony 1040).

This message was authored by BugzPhotoz This message was authored by: BugzPhotoz

I've tried a reset ages ago when it first started. I was told its to do with Ethernet connection on the main Sky Q box. Mine only occurs on the main box and not on my 2 Sky Q mini boxes. All are connected via Ethernet. Apparently the issue has been around for years. 

This message was authored by Mark182004 This message was authored by: Mark182004

Hello, there is several recent posts on this forum regarding sound drop outs. 

this was a big problem before and you did finally fix it but could it if come back in the recent software update?

please investigate thank you 

software version Q230.000.14.00L (5nf3ptk)

hardware version 32B12D

Also is there a way we can link the sound drop threads together? 

I've just checked mine and I have the hardware and software version you listed and still have the sound drop outs. :-(. Any other ideas?

hardware version 32B12D

Gunny24
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gunny24 This message was authored by: Gunny24

I have a Sky Engineer coming next week (for a broadband issue) and have been asked to show him the sound drop out issue on the SkyQ Main Box (mini box is fine).  I've jus tcompleted a software update on the SkyQ Main box as the TV Guide wasnt displaying and I'm sure the sound drop-out restarted then.

This message was authored by Mark182004 This message was authored by: Mark182004

So we both have the same software version and are experiencing the same problem as others on this forum.

I believe since the last update to 

hardware version 32B12D

this has caused the sound drop outs and we need someone from sky to intervene and start running some tests.

this was a major issue before with a previous software update and took sky some time to fix. 

@Mr+Flibbles+86 @Please could you investigate sound drop issue. 

several recent posts on this forum all complaining of the same, I believe it's since recent software update 

hardware version 32B12D

many thanks 

This message was authored by Welshdoc This message was authored by: Welshdoc

Just to confirm I'm also on the same software version and hardware.

This message was authored by HiHoSilver2000 This message was authored by: HiHoSilver2000

I've one of the other threads open. Not had any contact to it, from Sky.

I'm on the same software version 5nf3ptk but a different hardware version (3rd box trying to fix the problem, so think I have newer hardware version) 32C008.

Hi. Did the engineer come and wre they able to help with your  drop outs?

This message was authored by HiHoSilver2000 This message was authored by: HiHoSilver2000

Had 2 engineers out. They just swapped the box and kicked off a software update...

The second one said it must be the TV, ignoring that I was telling him I'd tried another TV with the same results.

We more or less watch streaming on the TV now and only use Sky when we really need to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion