Discussion topic: Multiroom

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Multiroom

Has something changed? I've been with sky for years always had multi room and got sold it sky q with 3 mimi boxes. So mum lives with me she's watching one in her room, he's is watching one in his room, I'm watching one in kitchen and one of kids is on sky go. Never been an issue now it keeps telling me too many people are watching??? Like **bleep** why sell us 3 mini boxes about 6 years ago to now not be able to watch them.....

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Multiroom

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There's always been a limit of 2 concurrent mini boxes.  (1 on some old main Q boxes)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Multiroom

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:
Has something changed? I've been with sky for years always had multi room and got sold it sky q with 3 mimi boxes. So mum lives with me she's watching one in her room, he's is watching one in his room, I'm watching one in kitchen and one of kids is on sky go. Never been an issue now it keeps telling me too many people are watching??? Like **bleep** why sell us 3 mini boxes about 6 years ago to now not be able to watch them.....

hi @Anonymous 

Nothing has changed.

SKY Q  can only (& has always only been able) to  supoort a max of  2 active minis + main box for  Satellite / recordings 

You can use a 3rd for streaming apps like Netflix or Disney plus but this must be the first to be 'active'

It is a hardware limitation of the main boxes (the old non UHD box could only support 1 actve mini)

If you are getting the message when trying to use a 2nd  mini then you may just need to do a power down restart of your main box 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion