Discussion topic: Mini boxes on network but won't connect to Q box

This message was authored by PrincessFiona This message was authored by: PrincessFiona

Mini boxes on network but won't connect to Q box

Our mini boxes are in our 2 bedrooms, router is downstairs. Router was briefly unplugged earlier today but reconnected fine and all boxes are showing as being on the network. I've come upstairs tonight and neither mini box will connect to the Q box. All have been reset numerous times. Q box settings say I don't have a subscription to view the mini box so won't reactivate them, so there seems to be no point rebooting them even though I have repeatedly done so. Network is connected. I have an active subscription and have had for years, newest mini box of the 2 is probably 2 years old now at least. The only other thing I've noticed when trying the various troubleshooting guides is that the viewing card is mentioned, and the mini box says 'no card inserted' which is correct for the mini boxes so don't know whether that's relevant. The one in the main box is inserted and has never been removed. I don't have an aerial to the bedroom TVs so am unable to watch anything. Frustrated beyond belief.

Best Answers
PrincessFiona
Topic Author
This message was authored by PrincessFiona This message was authored by: PrincessFiona Answer

Re: Mini boxes on network but won't connect to Q box

I've reactivated (or whatever the terminology is) the viewing card and instantly both mini boxes and SkyGo were available again so all sorted.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @PrincessFiona.  I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @PrincessFiona 

You say minis are connected to your Network.   This is only relevant if you are on Sky Broadband.  If on 3rd party Broadband your minis need to connect to your main Q box WiFi

PrincessFiona
Topic Author
This message was authored by PrincessFiona This message was authored by: PrincessFiona Answer

I've reactivated (or whatever the terminology is) the viewing card and instantly both mini boxes and SkyGo were available again so all sorted.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion