Discussion topic: Mini Q Box

This message was authored by BeekeeperSussex This message was authored by: BeekeeperSussex

Mini Q Box

I was offered a Sky Q Mini Box as a 'loyalty bonus' when renewing my contract with Sky a few months ago.

The Sky Q Box will no longer connect to the TV.  Is this 'loyalty bonus' time limited?

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Mini Q Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you say 'will not connect', are you getting any on screen message?

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@BeekeeperSussex wrote:

I was offered a Sky Q Mini Box as a 'loyalty bonus' when renewing my contract with Sky a few months ago.

The Sky Q Box will no longer connect to the TV.  Is this 'loyalty bonus' time limited?

Were you offered a multiscreen subscription with this minibox? Have you been paying for this subscription or was there a free period which has since expired?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@BeekeeperSussex wrote:

@BeekeeperSussex If you have the multiscreen suscriprion as mentioned by @Padam_Padam then try 

rebooting your main Q box ie
putting your box into Standby then switching it off at the wall for 30 seconds
switch it back on then follow the on screen instructions

then

reboot the mini box 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
BeekeeperSussex
Topic Author
This message was authored by BeekeeperSussex This message was authored by: BeekeeperSussex

Does not move off 'Connecting to your Sky Q Box' and the loading icon.

BeekeeperSussex
Topic Author

I understood the free Q box would be for the duration of my 18 month contract.

BeekeeperSussex
Topic Author

Tried that.  No change!

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@BeekeeperSussex wrote:

I understood the free Q box would be for the duration of my 18 month contract.

Yes, the Q mini boxes are always loaned to customers for 'free' for the duration of your contract. You probably got the setup fee removed but you do have to pay for the Multiscreen subscription every month in order for them to function. Do you pay for this or have you been getting it free too? 

Has the minibox been working before?

BeekeeperSussex
Topic Author

Yes, it has worked previously and I have not paid for it.

The options offered were the mini box or the Sky Sport channel free for 18 months.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@BeekeeperSussex wrote:

Yes, it has worked previously and I have not paid for it.

The options offered were the mini box or the Sky Sport channel free for 18 months.

@BeekeeperSussex check your account and make sure you have the multiscreen subscription on it but it could quite easily be that there is a problem with the mini box and needs replacing 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
BeekeeperSussex
Topic Author

Thanks

I'm arranging for an engineer's visit having spent nearly 2 hrs online to the help/customer service team this afternoon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion