Discussion topic: Message on screen re: BBC HD

This message was authored by Craftypolly This message was authored by: Craftypolly

Message on screen re: BBC HD

can someone explain why u get this message when I record a programme on BBC it doesn't appear when I watch it live.  My sky Q box is an HD box so I don't need to do anything but this banner is very annoying because it blocks out 1/3 of the screen and is unwatchable.

IMG_0383.jpeg

Best Answers
Craftypolly
Topic Author
This message was authored by Craftypolly This message was authored by: Craftypolly Answer

Re: Message on screen re: BBC HD

I have sussed the problem. Setting up to record a bbc program from my sky go app is in SD which why I get the message.  Setting up a recording from tv is ok.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Craftypolly wrote:

can someone explain why u get this message when I record a programme on BBC it doesn't appear when I watch it live.  My sky Q box is an HD box so I don't need to do anything but this banner is very annoying because it blocks out 1/3 of the screen and is unwatchable.

IMG_0383.jpeg

hi @Craftypolly 

I think it is likely that you have downloaded an SD version of the programme - either that or you have recorded it from the SD version of the channel.

If downloading then you probably need to make sure you download an HD version

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Craftypolly wrote:

can someone explain why u get this message when I record a programme on BBC it doesn't appear when I watch it live.

Maybe check to see if the Recording is set to be from the SD version of a BBC channel?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Craftypolly
Topic Author
This message was authored by Craftypolly This message was authored by: Craftypolly Answer

I have sussed the problem. Setting up to record a bbc program from my sky go app is in SD which why I get the message.  Setting up a recording from tv is ok.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Craftypolly wrote:

Glad you have sussed it.

Thanks for letting us know - there is a chance others will have a similar problem and this was not something I had thought of, so useful to know

This message was authored by Petroma1613 This message was authored by: Petroma1613

Why am I continuing today to receive on screen messages telling me that BBC broadcasts will stop on 8th Jan. I am a Sky+HD customer and today is the 9th Jan

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The BBC SD channels closed yesterday as planned. If you're seeing the message today you're watching a recording from the SD channel.

This message was authored by Petroma1613 This message was authored by: Petroma1613

No, I was watching Breakfast on BBC1

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

@Petroma1613 wrote:

No, I was watching Breakfast on BBC1

So was I on channel 101 and there was no message..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion