Discussion topic: Maximum number of recordings

This message was authored by Brother+Binary This message was authored by: Brother+Binary

Maximum number of recordings

I've just tried to record a program and get a message "...you have too many recordings scheduled at onec. Please go to Settings>Setup>Preferences and set maximum number of recordings to six".

I currently have 5 recordings scheduled.

I go to Settings>Setup>Preferences and there is no option to change the maximum number of recordings.

Any advice gratefully received!

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Maximum number of recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Brother+Binary   What is your hardware version, Home -> Settings -> System info -> Hardware version.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Brother+Binary wrote:

I've just tried to record a program and get a message "...you have too many recordings scheduled at onec. Please go to Settings>Setup>Preferences and set maximum number of recordings to six".

I go to Settings>Setup>Preferences and there is no option to change the maximum number of recordings.

hi @Brother+Binary Can I just check that you are doing this on the main box ?

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Are you trying to set UHD recordings?  THere is a maximum of two for those still I tink.

@Brother+Binary wrote:

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

Brother+Binary
Topic Author
This message was authored by Brother+Binary This message was authored by: Brother+Binary

Hi MightyQuin

It's 32B061

Cheers.

Brother+Binary
Topic Author

Hi Nigea99

Initially I was doing it on a minibox, but I have the same issue on the main box.

Thanks.

Brother+Binary
Topic Author

Hi Ozsat

Just normal recordings I think. I can do five at a time already.

Thanks.

@Brother+Binary wrote:

Hi Nigea99

Initially I was doing it on a minibox, but I have the same issue on the main box.

Thanks.

hi @Brother+Binary can you confirm the Hardware version showing in :

Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version

If it is 32Cxx then you have a 1tB that can only record 3 and I don't think any option to change

Brother+Binary
Topic Author

Thanks for the replies so far - not sure whether I should combine the replies?

I'm off now for the rest of the evening, so if there are more thoughts I'll pick them up later / in the morning.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Brother+Binary   Are you on software version Q220 (or Q230)? 

Brother+Binary
Topic Author

Just had another look, and now the option has become available on the main box. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't there earlier, but maybe I just missed it.

So, problem sorted. Many thanks for the replies - I didn't know about this forum, and am sure I'll have some other questions in due course.

@Brother+Binary wrote:

Just had another look, and now the option has become available on the main box. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't there earlier, but maybe I just missed it.

So, problem sorted. Many thanks for the replies - I didn't know about this forum, and am sure I'll have some other questions in due course.

Glad you have found it & able to set as you wish

If you do have any other questions do feel free to ask and we will try to help if we can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion