Discussion topic: Interference on Sky Q HDR Box

This message was authored by GregT2 This message was authored by: GregT2

Interference on Sky Q HDR Box

Hi,

Have had a V2 HDR box for a few months now. However, it has a problem I can't seem to solve.

HDR feeds like F1 and Main Event seem fine, but a 1080 feed will produce intermittent, random noise on the picture? It looks like a loss of colours, and manifests itself usually as a grid type image across part or all of the screen?

The Q box is set to 2160/10 bit.

I have replaced the HDMI between the box and it's made no difference. 

If you use the tv built in tuner, the picture quality seems fine, can watch broadcasts with none of the issues I see via the Sky box?

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions welcome!

Thank you!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Interference on Sky Q HDR Box

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Different frequencies/channels working better than others, dish issue possibly.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

GregT2
Topic Author
This message was authored by GregT2 This message was authored by: GregT2

Hello there, further to previous correspondence, this issue remains outstanding. I have done the following:

- soft reset on Sky Q box

- swapped HDMI cable from amp to television

- swapped HDMI cable from Sky Q to amp

- swapped Sky Q box to be directly connected to television

The issue remains. I have also tried watching programmes using the TVs built in tuner as opposed to the Sky Q box with no issue at all.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, GregT2. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now but if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion