Discussion topic: I'm moving house tomorrow. Not booked a move for skyQ

This message was authored by Jonno59r This message was authored by: Jonno59r

I'm moving house tomorrow. Not booked a move for skyQ

I've tried to book a house move for skyQ online but it keeps asking for the account holder. That's me funnily enough. My wife has called but they'll only speak to me. I'm offshore so can't talk. This is a massive flaw in their system. Any explanations or advice on how to get this move done sharpish?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I'm moving house tomorrow. Not booked a move for skyQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonno59r 

Although your wife can speak with Sky providing she passes the security/password questions, there are some actions that can only be carried out by the account holder such as cancelling any part of a subscription. The staff are only carrying out their legal responsibilities. I guess arranging a house move falls into that category too. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I'm moving house tomorrow. Not booked a move for skyQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonno59r wrote:

advice on how to get this move done sharpish?

You can choose to commission and pay an independent local installer to source a compatible LNB, put up a dish, cable to the desired main box location and check alignment for you if you wish.

Home moves never involve visiting the existing address to unplug the Q equipment: the subscriber does that and takes all but dish and dish cable with them.

For ongoing support from Sky the dish must be located within their own access limits, and you should inform Sky of the move so they can change the billing address and modify the television region if appropriate.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion