Discussion topic: SKY Q Remote throws a fit with Sony Equipment

This message was authored by fatzdomingo This message was authored by: fatzdomingo

SKY Q Remote throws a fit with Sony Equipment

My Sony Equipment 

TV KD-49XH8505

Soundbar HT-A5000

Previously had a Sony Media System with 5 Speakers and a Sub Woofer, everything worked fine,

Decided to purchase the Soundbar at the start of the year, had horrendous creeping problems certainly over the last 6 weeks or so.

Problem 1: Pressing Home button on SKY Q Remote changes TV input to HDMI 1

Problem 2: When in menu, pressing "down" button results in random TV input selection.

Problem 3: On booting XBox Series X, its input (HDMI 2) is greyed out and cannot be selected, eventually activates. Disabled CEC on XBox to try and alleviate this issue.

All of these issues are recent, and a complete pain the ar#e!

Solution up until now has been to reboot everything TV/Soundbar/SkyQ. That sometimes works, and yes i have completely reset the SkyQ Remote.

I notice I'm not the only user who finds their SKY Q Remote changing input to HDMI 4 unexpectedly when pressing thr home button, but nobody has ever posted a real answer to the issue.

Having purchased Sony Equipment for about 40 years, im not prepared to put up with errant behaviour ... think ive bought my last Sony. SKY, it looks like your electronics are just as bad.

Either you all adhere to the HDMI/CEC Protocols, or you don't. It shouldnt be down to the end user to debug your shortcomings.

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: SKY Q Remote throws a fit with Sony Equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fatzdomingo wrote:

It shouldnt be down to the end user to debug your shortcomings.

Hi @fatzdomingo   You are not addressing Sky on this public community forum, just fellow customers trying to help each other.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion