Discussion topic: Hybrid lnb

This message was authored by Foxy47 This message was authored by: Foxy47

Hybrid lnb

I am having skyQ installed in a few days. I currently have a standard quad lnb. Two outputs are used for a Freesat box which is being replaced by SkyQ, and the other two go direct into my TV for Freesat viewing. I understand that my lnb will be upgraded to a two output wideband, but I still wish to access Freesat via my TV for which I will need a hybrid lnb. My question is, do the engineers carry hybrid lnb's and will they fit one if I request it?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Hybrid lnb

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Foxy47 wrote:
I am having skyQ installed in a few days. I currently have a standard quad lnb. Two outputs are used for a Freesat box which is being replaced by SkyQ, and the other two go direct into my TV for Freesat viewing. I understand that my lnb will be upgraded to a two output wideband, but I still wish to access Freesat via my TV for which I will need a hybrid lnb. My question is, do the engineers carry hybrid lnb's and will they fit one if I request it?

Hi @Foxy47 

No guarantee that the Engineer will have one.

Normally the Hybrid LNB must be specified at time order.

Probably best if you contact Sky ASAPband request one.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Hybrid lnb

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@oldfella wrote:

@Foxy47 wrote:

Hi @Foxy47 

No guarantee that the Engineer will have one.

Normally the Hybrid LNB must be specified at time order.

Probably best if you contact Sky ASAPband request one.

Just to add to @oldfella 's answer. SKY recently seem to have been tightening up on installing these & thus I think it is important to get them to agree asap

Also please be aware that it seems many advisers have no idea what a Hybrid LNB is making such a call difficult

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion