Discussion topic: How do I record one of the red button selections on the new skysports+ channel?

This message was authored by Redders72 This message was authored by: Redders72

How do I record one of the red button selections on the new skysports+ channel?

I'm trying to set the sky q box to record one of tomorrow's red button selections on skysports+ channel.

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: How do I record one of the red button selections on the new skysports+ channel?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Redders72 

You can't I'm afraid. Options appear to be:

1. Record what is live on channel 412
  2. Watch a live stream in the app
  3. Catch up on extended highlights

Plenty of threads across the community on this hot topic at the moment, but this is the current situation.

P.S. You also need a full Sky Sports subscription to access the streams on Sky Sports+

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: How do I record one of the red button selections on the new skysports+ channel?

@Redders72 

You can't I'm afraid. Options appear to be:

1. Record what is live on channel 412
  2. Watch a live stream in the app
  3. Catch up on extended highlights

Plenty of threads across the community on this hot topic at the moment, but this is the current situation.

P.S. You also need a full Sky Sports subscription to access the streams on Sky Sports+

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

I'm kind of assuming these will be available via streaming afterwards. Whether they all will be though...

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Chodley wrote:

I'm kind of assuming these will be available via streaming afterwards. Whether they all will be though...

No sign of a full replay of last nights game in the normal Sports section or the app so far.

I'm not sure there is going to be one, just enhanced highlights as it currently stands, but hope this changes as well.

Full replay of the games pre Sky Sports+ launch are available it looks like.

This message was authored by Tennis2000 This message was authored by: Tennis2000

Sky claim sky sports + is next level viewing but in reality it's a step back. All skys competitors has on demand viewing with the ability to watch a live stream from the beginning. The only thing that has improved is the red button interface which is more clearly layed out on individual sports 

Redders72
Topic Author
This message was authored by Redders72 This message was authored by: Redders72

By "in the app" do you mean sky go? I have a full sports HD package.

@stereohaven

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Redders72 wrote:

By "in the app" do you mean sky go? I have a full sports HD package.

@stereohaven

The additional games/matches & other content etc are in the revamped SKY Sports app

This is availble on SKY Q / Glass/Stream or on mobile devices such as iphone/ipad & android phones and tablets (unfortunately not on desktops)

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Redders72 

What @nigea99 said. 

This message was authored by Millzoid This message was authored by: Millzoid

Unfortunately the standard is slipping for coverage of football on Sky.

I used to be able to record fringe games on red button, not any more, cheapening a flagging product  ( these games only had one camera view anyway )

Also now Sky go on my laptop I have no pause and rewind functions, which used to be a feature.

Also, along without being able to watch abroad like I used to, the price has risen for my package 25% within 6 months

They are painting over the cracks of a failing business model.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Millzoid wrote:

Also, along without being able to watch abroad like I used to, the price has risen for my package 25% within 6 months

For loss of use in Europe, you can thank a certain referendum held a few years ago...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cross-border-portability-of-online-content-services 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion