Discussion topic: How do I get my recordings back?

This message was authored by LEJW This message was authored by: LEJW

How do I get my recordings back?

I got a new Sky Q main box as my old one was 6 years old and not working properly. Only now all of my recordings have disappeared, is there a way to get them back? 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: How do I get my recordings back?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LEJW wrote:

I got a new Sky Q main box as my old one was 6 years old and not working properly. Only now all of my recordings have disappeared, is there a way to get them back? 

Afraid not @LEJW 

Only any Buy and keep from Sky Store can be downloaded to your new Q box.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@LEJW  If you know what you had recorded you could always have a look to see if they are available to download from the on demand section 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@LEJW wrote:

"Recordings" are stored on the box's local hard drive, hence they went where ever your old box went.  Purchases are always available to re-download from the 'purchased' section of Sky store.  As advised, if you wish to try and recover previously recorded programmes, you can see if they are still available in the catch up section.

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion