Discussion topic: How do I ensure Sky will act on my recent instruction to cancel my Sky TV package?

This message was authored by IvanBar This message was authored by: IvanBar

How do I ensure Sky will act on my recent instruction to cancel my Sky TV package?

I wish to cancel my Sky TV package as Sky have not responded to my queries about renegotiating my out of contract package. How do I get confirmation that Sky have acted on this instruction?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: How do I ensure Sky will act on my recent instruction to cancel my Sky TV package?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IvanBar 

If you've successfully cancelled Sky should send you an email confirming this. How did you cancel? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: How do I ensure Sky will act on my recent instruction to cancel my Sky TV package?

@IvanBar 

If you've successfully cancelled Sky should send you an email confirming this. How did you cancel? 

Sky customer since 2001
IvanBar
Topic Author
This message was authored by IvanBar This message was authored by: IvanBar

Issued instructions to the Sky virtual assistant as I could not find an alternative contact point. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@IvanBar 

So did you receive the confirmation email?

To cancel all your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in.

If you are cancelling Sky Q, return packaging will be sent out near the end of your notice period. Obtain proof of posting and keep it safe and indefinitely.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

I don't believe you can cancel via the assistant.  You need to speak to Sky.  (Either via chat or phone)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion