Discussion topic: Hi, I am unable to view content recorded on Sky Q box in another room on Sky mini box.

This message was authored by Stueydub73 This message was authored by: Stueydub73

Hi, I am unable to view content recorded on Sky Q box in another room on Sky mini box.

Hi, I am unable to view content recorded on Sky Q box in another room on Sky mini box.

Content I am trying to view is F1 recorded yesterday, however, I get the following message: 'The content you have selected cannot be played on this device'.

I recently subscribed to the multi room package, so not sure why it is not working as advertised??

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Hi, I am unable to view content recorded on Sky Q box in another room on Sky mini box.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stueydub73 wrote:

Content I am trying to view is F1 recorded yesterday, however, I get the following message: 'The content you have selected cannot be played on this device'.

I recently subscribed to the multi room package, so not sure why it is not working as advertised??

Hi @Stueydub73 

it is quite likely your recording is in UHD

Unfortunately minis can't playback UHD recordings - there is no 'downscale to HD'

For F1 I always record both UHD & HD in case I want to watch on the mini

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Hi, I am unable to view content recorded on Sky Q box in another room on Sky mini box.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stueydub73 wrote:

Hi @Stueydub73 

it is quite likely your recording is in UHD

Unfortunately minis can't playback UHD recordings - there is no 'downscale to HD'

For F1 I always record both UHD & HD in case I want to watch on the mini

Stueydub73
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stueydub73 This message was authored by: Stueydub73

Thanks very much, this explains things...suspect it is somewhere in the small print.

Interestingly just been on with Sky advisor who told me that no recordings can be accessed by the mini box.....some of them really are clueless about their own products.

Just checked and everything else including sd and HD recordings work fine, it is just the UHD as you stated.

Thanks again, appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion