Discussion topic: Help with hdmi port

This message was authored by Anne56to This message was authored by: Anne56to

Help with hdmi port

So my HDMI ports have broken, fell into my tv 😣 is there a way to still connect my sky to my tv? I can't afford a new TV at the moment. Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Help with hdmi port

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anne56to 

We'd need to know the make and model of the television set to advise if it has any other inputs which might be viable.  As a main Q box only has HDMI output, at the very least you'd be looking at having to acquire adapter hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Anne56to wrote:

So my HDMI ports have broken, fell into my tv 😣 is there a way to still connect my sky to my tv? I can't afford a new TV at the moment. Thanks 

Hi @Anne56to 

If this is on your Television set and it is all the HDMI ports then I'm afraid you are "up the creek without a paddle."

Not a lot you can do unfortunately.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Anne56to 

We'd need to know the make and model of the television set to advise if it has any other inputs which might be viable.  As a main Q box only has HDMI output, at the very least you'd be looking at having to acquire adapter hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

This doesn't sound like something which couldn't be fixed (or bodged at least) relatively easily with a screwdriver and some care.

Anne56to
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anne56to This message was authored by: Anne56to

IMG_7260.jpeg

Ok it seems to have a component video input (should be 3 phono sockets labelled for red, green and blue pins)

Component inputs are only for video so it should also have two audio sockets (red and white) for the audio and it will be a maximum resolution of 1080i, almost certainly.

I think this should work, if you get a component video+audio cable with 5 plugs to go with it. They don't mention hdcp support but they kind of don't with these things.

https://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/hdmi-comp/hdmi-to-component-audio-converter/dp/AV27039

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Chodley wrote:

Ok it seems to have a component video input (should be 3 phono sockets labelled for red, green and blue pins)

Specs (https://www.manuals.co.uk/lg/55lb650v/specifications) seem to infer 3 HDMI's?

EDIT: Reading again, it seems all ports have 'fell in' perhaps

Interestingly, there's a SCART socket which can usually accept composite video (as opposed to component).  Would be easy on a mini.

There seems plenty of 'cheap' HDMI to RCA converters - however, HDCP may be an issue as you note.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

From the LG site, this is in the LB650V manual. I have no idea what these model number qualifiers mean though)

IMG_9322.jpeg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion