Discussion topic: Free Apple TV offer removed

This message was authored by Paul+Lyden This message was authored by: Paul+Lyden

Free Apple TV offer removed

I am really annoyed - back in October I signed up for 6 months free Apple TV on the Sky app. I did not activate the trail because it had no expiry date and terms and visitations said very clearly that I would be given notice if the offer was going to be removed. I tried to activate today to find that it has now been removed from the Sky app and when I try to activate on my Q box it says the offer expired at the end of December. Thanks Sky for not telling me - I have just wasted £40+. What can you do to remedy this?

All Replies

Paul+Lyden
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul+Lyden This message was authored by: Paul+Lyden

Re: Free Apple TV offer removed

Terms and conditions (not visitations ... thanks auto-correct!)

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Lyden wrote:

What can you do to remedy this?

Hi @Paul+Lyden   I'm afraid that this is a community of customers, you are not talking to Sky. There is nothing your fellow customers can do to remedy this.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Lyden wrote:

I am really annoyed - back in October I signed up for 6 months free Apple TV on the Sky app. I did not activate the trail because it had no expiry date and terms and visitations said very clearly that I would be given notice if the offer was going to be removed. I tried to activate today to find that it has now been removed from the Sky app and when I try to activate on my Q box it says the offer expired at the end of December. Thanks Sky for not telling me - I have just wasted £40+. What can you do to remedy this?

@Paul+Lyden I signed up for the Sky VIP Apple 6 month offer in November and like you didn't activate at the time until 12th Jan but I had to create and use a new Apple ID and has worked fine for the last few days.

So it shouldn't have expired therefore I'd give it another go.

Good luck !

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Paul+Lyden
Topic Author

Thanks - and apologies I did not realise this is a customer platform ... Sky direct you to it for support. I will close this now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion