Discussion topic: Faulty remote

This message was authored by Elviskingforever This message was authored by: Elviskingforever

Faulty remote

Had Sky installed on Monday.  Our remote is possessed, it randomly controls the TV without us even touching it!!  It rewinds live TV, mutes the TV, brings up the guide, it does all sorts!!  The issue stops if the batteries are removed. Asked for a replacement remote which got declined!  Cant get an engineer out until 17th July, not entirely sure what to do for the time being. Sky helpline is ridicious,, you just go round in circles.  I need this resolving ASAP as its driving us nuts!

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Faulty remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Elviskingforever wrote:

Had Sky installed on Monday.  Our remote is possessed, it randomly controls the TV without us even touching it!!  It rewinds live TV, mutes the TV, brings up the guide, it does all sorts!!  The issue stops if the batteries are removed. Asked for a replacement remote which got declined!  Cant get an engineer out until 17th July, not entirely sure what to do for the time being. Sky helpline is ridicious,, you just go round in circles.  I need this resolving ASAP as its driving us nuts!

hi @Elviskingforever 

Obviously check for any buttons that might be stuck.

After that can I suggest you try a reset of your remote:

Press & Hold the 7 & 9 until the remote's light flashes 4 times

Then press 1 & 3 together to go through to re-pair  with the box and your TV  - make sure it has line of sight of the box as until it is paired it uses Infrared

If the problems persist after resetting & re-pairing perhaps, in the short term, try resetting to be infrared only (you will loose Voice control) which may not cure the problem but might give slightly more control as the IR beam needs to be directed at the box

To reset to infrared  only Press & hold 4 & 6 together

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion