Discussion topic: Failed, No subscription

This message was authored by ToddeyD This message was authored by: ToddeyD

Failed, No subscription

When I try to download an episode of Billions with On Demand, I am told the download has "Failed, No subscription".

I certainly have the right subscription as I managed to download and watch multiple episodes over the last few days.

image.jpg

All Replies

ToddeyD
Topic Author

Re: Failed, No subscription

Update. It seems to allow me to download SD and HD formats.

Paying extra for UHD doesn't seem to be paying off currently...

This message was authored by Susy This message was authored by: Susy

I have the same problem! 

This message was authored by Susy This message was authored by: Susy

I've spoke to sky and they aren't helpful as they won't even check the server where the UHD billions is downloaded from. Other UHD items work but not this one but they won't accept it must be something their end. Nightmare. 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Susy wrote:

I've spoke to sky and they aren't helpful as they won't even check the server where the UHD billions is downloaded from. Other UHD items work but not this one but they won't accept it must be something their end. Nightmare. 

Hi @Susy 

Checking this morning it looks like the Episode 12 has been removed and so there obviously was an issue.

It should reappear once it has been corrected.

ToddeyD
Topic Author

Surely they need to fix this? Paying for UHD but not being able to watch it seems ludicrous.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ToddeyD wrote:

Surely they need to fix this? Paying for UHD but not being able to watch it seems ludicrous.

Patience @ToddeyD 

If there was an issue the fact that it has been removed shows that it is being looked at.

This message was authored by Blueandwhiterover This message was authored by: Blueandwhiterover

I had this problem last night with Lazurus season 2 episode 12.

episode 11 downloaded ok, came to episode 12 failed no subscription.

had to download HD version in order to watch the season finale.

This is following on from my red button service on mini box not working for two months which is now amazingly fixed without doing anything at my end.

Seems to me the system has become so complicated whoever is programming the software can't deliver a system without bugs.

This leads to subscribers having to mess about with their boxes , call sky, have an engineer visit, reset, unplug and replug and eventually decide, is it really worth it

Nobody contactable has any answers to these questions, Sky technical is a joke.

Sky TV is not cheap, Prime, Netflix, Disney+ and the terestrial streaming services don't seem to have these problems.

Somebody somewhere at Sky must have answers and it's about time some honesty was forthcoming and efforts made to improve the service

ToddeyD
Topic Author

Yep, I'm still waiting on feedback. Happened again with other shows. Like you say, the cost of the subscription should at least entail some form of feedback from Sky!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion