Discussion topic: F1 UHD got removed half way through Bahrain race 2023

This message was authored by jdjay This message was authored by: jdjay

F1 UHD got removed half way through Bahrain race 2023

Was watching the race today in UHD on Sky Sports Main Event as that was the only channel showing the race in UHD, didnt even have the option to select it in UHD on skysports F1 HD.

Half way through the race, when the liverpool vs manchester united match coverage started, it switched to the match.  So i went over to the sky sports F1 HD channel and it was only showing in HD and no option to select UHD how we used to.  Have sky gone backwards with the way they show UHD which makes it unacceptable, or have i missed a trick somewhere? 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: F1 UHD got removed half way through Bahrain race 2023

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jdjay wrote:

Was watching the race today in UHD on Sky Sports Main Event as that was the only channel showing the race in UHD, didnt even have the option to select it in UHD on skysports F1 HD.

Half way through the race, when the liverpool vs manchester united match coverage started, it switched to the match.  So i went over to the sky sports F1 HD channel and it was only showing in HD and no option to select UHD how we used to.  Have sky gone backwards with the way they show UHD which makes it unacceptable, or have i missed a trick somewhere? 

That's correct @jdjay 

The Race in UHD was on Ch 406 F1 UHD channel.(which is the new Dedicated F1 UHD channel for UHD subscribers)

It was also on the UHD Main Event channel until the Man U vs Liverpool game

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@

@jdjay wrote:

@jdjay the Sky F1 channel on 406 is now in UHD and the HD channel should be on 857 it is possible that your channels haven't swapped over just check that 406 is UHD if not have a look at 857 and see what that is if its the UHD channel then try rebooting your box this is only for your main box any mini boxes still have Sky F1 HD on 406

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @jdjay 

Just so you know SKy launched the dedicated UHD F1 channel that the others mention on 1st March

So it should now be easier to watch/schedule

jdjay
Topic Author
This message was authored by jdjay This message was authored by: jdjay

Thank you for the replys guys, i will do as suggested, but on my box, it certainly wasnt showing in UHD and also pushing the select button to then go UHD on channel 406 wasnt an option, i will try a software update and full reset of the box.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@jdjay wrote:

Thank you for the replys guys, i will do as suggested, but on my box, it certainly wasnt showing in UHD and also pushing the select button to then go UHD on channel 406 wasnt an option, i will try a software update and full reset of the box.

Hi @jdjay 

Make sure your Q box is on the Q210.....   Software

No button pushing on Ch 406.   It's a UHD channel (if you have the UHD subscription)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion