Discussion topic: Don’t know original password - can’t reset

This message was authored by Eric+D This message was authored by: Eric+D

Don’t know original password - can’t reset

I was trying to downgrade my package online when they asked me for my original password from when I signed up for Sky. I don't have it so I was taken to a screen asking me to phone up. They asked me for my password again and told me it was wrong. I signed into my normal Sky account with my current password but it appears that's no good to them. Has anyone come across this and do they know what to do?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Don’t know original password - can’t reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To remove or cancel any part of a TV subscription does require 31 days notice so you should still have access in the meantime before they are removed from your package.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Eric+D 

Are you trying to downgrade by calling Sky because if so the password they want is a telephone one and not your online one. If this is what you are doing and do not know what the telephone password is then tell this as they should then ask you a question that they can identify you which will then let them change it for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Eric+D
Topic Author
This message was authored by Eric+D This message was authored by: Eric+D

Okay. Thanks. It was to remove Sky Sports. I think she tried to baffle me with science. As I understand it I have to give a month's notice but I have access to the channels in the interim. She was suggesting that I'd lose access immediately but would still have to serve the one month term and suggested that I give notice on the 1st as it would be easier.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

To remove or cancel any part of a TV subscription does require 31 days notice so you should still have access in the meantime before they are removed from your package.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Eric+D wrote:

She was suggesting that I'd lose access immediately but would still have to serve the one month term and suggested that I give notice on the 1st as it would be easier.

31 days notice is required but you do have access during that period.  The date you do it doesn't matter as billing is completely pro-rata to the day.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion