Discussion topic: Dolby Digital plus/Dolby Atmos

This message was authored by Trebor4 This message was authored by: Trebor4

Dolby Digital plus/Dolby Atmos

I play sound through a Yamaha AV home theatre system and normally leave the Sky Q HDMI sound output setting on Dolby Digital Plus. Watching the last two Premier League games on the UHD channel I noticed there was no sound on the DD Plus setting and I had to switch to Dolby digital to get sound. Tonight, watching the Chelsea-Newcastle game I found by experimenting that if I had the setting on DD Plus then went on to another channel (Sky News), then back to the UHD channel, the sound started working. Very strange. No idea why this has just started happening. Has anyone else noticed this?

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Dolby Digital plus/Dolby Atmos

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trebor4 wrote:

I play sound through a Yamaha AV home theatre system and normally leave the Sky Q HDMI sound output setting on Dolby Digital Plus. Watching the last two Premier League games on the UHD channel I noticed there was no sound on the DD Plus setting and I had to switch to Dolby digital to get sound. Tonight, watching the Chelsea-Newcastle game I found by experimenting that if I had the setting on DD Plus then went on to another channel (Sky News), then back to the UHD channel, the sound started working. Very strange. No idea why this has just started happening. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sorry - I can't really offer much of an insight - I don't watch the football  so wouldn't notice live.

I just tried switching over to the ME UHD channel post match at 22:01 & it came up as Atmos OK for me (Yamaha AV receiver) but I haven't tried any combinations

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Never had an issue. Also have a Yamaha AV amp

Have you updated the Yamaha firmware?

This message was authored by andymar This message was authored by: andymar

I have an Arcam AV receiver and having issues with sound on UHD the centre channel is outputting through the right speaker instead so something definitely wrong with SKY

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion