Discussion topic: Discovery +

This message was authored by TheKingFamily1 This message was authored by: TheKingFamily1

Discovery +

We are unable to watch Discovery plus even though it is included in our package. We have tried everything we can but still get asked to 'upgrade your pass to watch'. We have updated our Sky box and Apps, Discovery + does not show in the shop in MySky, it is linked to our Sky account, the link to Discovery + says its linked with 'you're all set' but when you try to view a programme we are asked to upgrade our pass!! We have tried registering with a new email address at Discovery + but get the same result. We have emailed Discovery + with the issue and they say it is an issue with Sky. We used to have a subscription with Discovery + but cancelled it as it is now included in our package. We spoke to someone at Sky the other weekend who suggested going to Discovery again, which we did but they still say its a Sky issue. This has been going on for months now, can someone please help.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Discovery +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @TheKingFamily1 

As the very first step with DiscoveryPlus,  did you subscribe through Sky Marketplace?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus 

TheKingFamily1
Topic Author
This message was authored by TheKingFamily1 This message was authored by: TheKingFamily1

It doesn't show as an option on Marketplace!

@TheKingFamily1 wrote:

It doesn't show as an option on Marketplace!

Shows here @TheKingFamily1 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-apps 

TheKingFamily1
Topic Author

We have Discovery plus in our apps already. It doesn't show on Marketplace because we already have it, we just aren't able to view anything just get asked to upgrade our pass. They are linked. 

@TheKingFamily1 wrote:

We have Discovery plus in our apps already. It doesn't show on Marketplace because we already have it, we just aren't able to view anything just get asked to upgrade our pass. They are linked. 

Hi @TheKingFamily1 

I repeat the question from my first post?

As the very first step with DiscoveryPlus,  did you subscribe through Sky Marketplace?

If you didn't then you haven't taken the correct path.

TheKingFamily1
Topic Author

We've had Discovery plus for years, I can't remember how we originally accessed it. 

@TheKingFamily1 wrote:

We've had Discovery plus for years, I can't remember how we originally accessed it. 

OK @TheKingFamily1 

It does appear that it sometimes asks you to sign in again and go through the procedure of activating with a code by going to the website .

TheKingFamily1
Topic Author

Have done that many times with the same result.

Log out on the App then link again but still comes back to the same request...'upgrade your pass'!!

This message was authored by wrensong This message was authored by: wrensong

I have exactly the same problem as described above. I can get to all the Discovery+ programmes but it won't let me watch them without 'upgrading my pass'. What is 'Sky Marketplace' and where/how do I find it?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@wrensong wrote:

I have exactly the same problem as described above. I can get to all the Discovery+ programmes but it won't let me watch them without 'upgrading my pass'. What is 'Sky Marketplace' and where/how do I find it?

@wrensong have a read of the link below esecially the part regarding market lace 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by wrensong This message was authored by: wrensong

Laing1

Thanks for your help: I hadn't realised that Sky Marketplace is the same thing as My Sky! Anyway, I had already been through the whole process about 5 times, going round and round in circles. Finally, something I did seemed to prompt a 'Thanks for choosing discovery+' email from Sky and, after that, everything worked as expected.

So, all's well that ends well,

Thanks again!

This message was authored by Stitch_Wiitch This message was authored by: Stitch_Wiitch

Do you remember what you did? I've spent a total of about five hours on the phone with various Sky technicians and Discovery Plis trying to sort this out and have exactly the same issue as you. Still no joy. Sky are baffled. 

TheKingFamily1
Topic Author

Still not resolved. Was given to 'back office' a few months ago but not heard anything. We have even tried doing a factory reset on our Sky Q box but it didn't work!!

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

been trying to get into discovery+ this afternoon. 

Set up using my tablet - avoiding using the QR code method.

I can see streaming options on my tablet, but cannot get anywhere through skyQ.

I get discovery+ free apparently,  never wanted to use it until today

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion