Discussion topic: Derek

This message was authored by Deerek This message was authored by: Deerek

Derek

I have 3 sky q mini boxes hard wired to a bt router. Working fine for mths then all of a sudden the 3 will not connect. I even tried WiFi & a factory reset on the mini boxes. Router is fine no issues & main box is fine. Help please 

Best Answers
Deerek
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deerek This message was authored by: Deerek Answer

Re: Derek

Eventually phoned sky to resolve issue. It turned out 1 of the mini boxes software was outdated. Now all mini boxes & main box software version updated everything works great all hardwired.

I have 1 mini box wifi but currently nt in use due to broken TV so when I buy a new TV fingers crossed it works. I wad told when I do connect the WiFi box sync with the closest sky box was button. I hope others can resolve issues with this thread. 

Thanks everyone for your help

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deerek wrote:

I have 3 sky q mini boxes hard wired to a bt router. Working fine for mths then all of a sudden the 3 will not connect. I even tried WiFi & a factory reset on the mini boxes. Router is fine no issues & main box is fine. Help please 

Hi @Deerek 

When all boxes are connected by Ethernet you can then switch off all Q box WiFi.

Start with main Q box and first carry out a Network reset with the Ethernet connected.
Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Select connect wired to non Sky Router. Do not carry out any WPS and just wait for the box to connect. It may take a couple of minutes. If it does not connect there is an issue with the Ethernet connection.
As soon as it connects go into the Q box hidden menu and turn off WiFi.

To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Go to Network to turn off both bands of WiFi. Confirm before exit.

Repeat the network reset on any minis in the Mini Home menu with the Ethernet connected (one mini at a time).   Again do not do any WPS and just wait for it to connect.
Once it is connected go into the mini hidden menu (same procedure as above) and turn off both bands of WiFi. Confirm before exit.

Deerek
Topic Author

Hi Thank you. I checked the main box & the WiFi was already off. & the WiFi on the mini box was off. I did get a connection but in under 2 minutes it Freezes then says" connection issue betweenmini box & mainbox"

I give up maybe the main box is faulty as I can't even turn On the WiFi? 

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@Deerek wrote:

Hi Thank you. I checked the main box & the WiFi was already off. & the WiFi on the mini box was off. I did get a connection but in under 2 minutes it Freezes then says" connection issue betweenmini box & mainbox"

I give up maybe the main box is faulty as I can't even turn On the WiFi? 

Hi @Deerek Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Deerek
Topic Author

Hi I have tried that. I also did a factory reset on the  mini box. On all 3 mini boxes I get the same error message.  I have tested the ethernet cable on other equipment ie amazon fire box & ps5 & there was No issues so I'm guessing it must be a Main box fault not communicating with the mini boxes ??. 

Deerek
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deerek This message was authored by: Deerek Answer

Eventually phoned sky to resolve issue. It turned out 1 of the mini boxes software was outdated. Now all mini boxes & main box software version updated everything works great all hardwired.

I have 1 mini box wifi but currently nt in use due to broken TV so when I buy a new TV fingers crossed it works. I wad told when I do connect the WiFi box sync with the closest sky box was button. I hope others can resolve issues with this thread. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Deerek wrote:

If they are connected over ethernet, do not use the WPS button.

edit: oh one of them is wifi only? Hmm ok well then you can't disable wifi on the one you connect it to. Hopefully that box will continue to work via ethernet and just hop to wifi for that link.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion