Discussion topic: Damage to property

This message was authored by Dylanzak This message was authored by: Dylanzak

Damage to property

Just removed sky dish that was put on my new extension 4years ago and notice that the wall is quite damaged.

Is Sky responsible in getting it fixed since the where the ones that did the damage ?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Damage to property

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dylanzak wrote:

Just removed sky dish that was put on my new extension 4years ago and notice that the wall is quite damaged.

Is Sky responsible in getting it fixed since the where the ones that did the damage ?

After 4 years I doubt Sky will fix this alleged damage, if you didn't notice it after installation and only appears after removal of your own dish then you will need to make good.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Dylanzak 

I agree with @GD1 Whilst Sky put the dish up ownership transfers to the customer and as Sky do not remove Sky dishes unless replacing it with a new one I fail to see that Sky can be responsible especially after 4 years. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@GD1 wrote:

@Dylanzak wrote:

After 4 years I doubt Sky will fix this alleged damage, if you didn't notice it after installation and only appears after removal of your own dish then you will need to make good.

I agree with @GD1.

I think that any damage,  if done at installation would have needed to have been raised within a short time of installation. 

BTW SKY would not be responsible for any damage done during removal..

Dylanzak
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dylanzak This message was authored by: Dylanzak

I didn't notice the damage as the bracket was covering the damaged brick .

the engineer who put up the dish made a awful mess of the brick work .

It looked like it had been put up by a person who was trained at all .

Very frustrating 

These so called engineers should be made responsible for any damaged caused to people's property.

there should be some kind of law protecting people from these cowboys and Sky should be made aware that this is happening.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Dylanzak The installers are responsible for any damage caused during installation, however you would have needed to report it at the time and not 4 years later as Sky can now quite rightly argue that there is no proof the damage was caused during the install and was caused during removal.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Dylanzak  Feel free to take it up with Sky but as advised 4 years after the event is leaving it a bit late.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Dylanzak wrote:

there should be some kind of law protecting people from these cowboys and Sky should be made aware that this is happening.

You have all available legal routes available to you - but as mentioned above, proving (on the balance of probabilities) that the damage was caused on installation won't be straightforward...

Anyway, what did Sky say when you reported the issue?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion