Discussion topic: Changing Wifi Network - Mini Box not connecting

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Changing Wifi Network - Mini Box not connecting

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @SerFinchalot.TTV , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by NicTay215 This message was authored by: NicTay215

Sorry yes I still need help - my main sky box now isn't connected 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @SerFinchalot.TTV . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

This message was authored by SerFinchalot.TTV This message was authored by: SerFinchalot.TTV

Hello Lisa, yes, please escalate again please.

Also can you give me the phone number of the team that will be able to advise me?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can't call a specific team afaik, just have to get routed through the normal phone support system. Such is the way of modern big corp life.

I've re-escalated for the online chat team on here.

Posted by a Sky employee

Our team does not work on the phone lines, we only do this chat @SerFinchalot.TTV 

If you wish to call then at the end of this help guide, there is the contact info. 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-connectivity/fixing-mini-connectiv... 

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

I have sent the invite now, just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @SerFinchalot.TTV . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate again to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @NicTay215 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

This message was authored by GV37 This message was authored by: GV37

Hi I also have this problem. Mini box is connecting to old wifi and won't let me connect to the new wifi provider. Please can I have some assistance? Thanks

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GV37 wrote:

Hi I also have this problem. Mini box is connecting to old wifi and won't let me connect to the new wifi provider. Please can I have some assistance? Thanks

@GV37 If Sky was you old provider and you have moved to a different provider the mini box will not connect to the new provider by WIFI it will connect to the main Q box by way of a mesh created by the main Q box so this may well be what you are seeing 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by LmH337 This message was authored by: LmH337

I have this issue too. I need to change my sky q main box and mini box to a new wifi system. When I do this it seems to work but when the mini connects it boots the main box off the network after a short period of time.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion