Discussion topic: Buffering on ITV channels

This message was authored by Lucyleigh This message was authored by: Lucyleigh

Buffering on ITV channels

All channels are working except ITV channels which are buffering.  Recordings for ITV & ITV 2 are all buffered also but ITVX works fine on TV so must be sky thats the problem.

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Buffering on ITV channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucyleigh wrote:

All channels are working except ITV channels which are buffering.  Recordings for ITV & ITV 2 are all buffered also but ITVX works fine on TV so must be sky thats the problem.

When you say "buffering" what do you actually mean?  Live satellite transmissions can't 'buffer', that is a term that is specific to internet streamed services.

I am just another Sky customer!
Lucyleigh
Topic Author

Hi, I mean the picture is freezing and pixelled (if that is a word?!)

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Lucyleigh wrote:

Hi, I mean the picture is freezing and pixelled (if that is a word?!)

Ah, in that case it sounds like your dish is slightly out of alignment - this can effect some channels while others are working fine.  However, before requesting an engineer to come out, check that the cables from the dish to the back of your Sky Q receiver are finger tight (if they get loose it can cause a signal loss).

Lucyleigh
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply.  I have checked all the cables, switched the box off and left a bit before switching back on but it didn't make any difference.  I will have to get an engineer out.

Thanks again.

This message was authored by HOLIVE79 This message was authored by: HOLIVE79

Just found this thread because the same thing is happening to me on Sky Stream. Only with ITV/itv2, all other channels are fine?

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@HOLIVE79 wrote:

Just found this thread because the same thing is happening to me on Sky Stream. Only with ITV/itv2, all other channels are fine?

Yes, it's normal for only a few channels to be affected by  dish alignment issue. You will need to arrange an engineer visit to get it checked. 

@xenon81 wrote:

@HOLIVE79 wrote:

Yes, it's normal for only a few channels to be affected by  dish alignment issue. You will need to arrange an engineer visit to get it checked. 

Not much use for a dish alignment check for Sky Stream 🤣

This message was authored by HOLIVE79 This message was authored by: HOLIVE79

Well exactly! So what's the big problem with ITV?

@HOLIVE79 wrote:

This is the Sky Q satellite forum.  You might be better off asking your question in the Sky Stream forum

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/bd-p/sky-stream

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@HOLIVE79 wrote:

The biggest problem with ITV is ITV, and that's not a flippant reply as I used to work for them.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion