Discussion topic: Brand new to Sky, can’t watch anything from Netflix or BBCi player

This message was authored by Alma7 This message was authored by: Alma7

Brand new to Sky, can’t watch anything from Netflix or BBCi player

Brand new Sky customer, have downloaded Netflix and Discovery+ but can't watch any programmes on either channel.

I choose my programme it goes through the intro then takes me out of it completely and back to the main Sky page.

it's doing the same with anything from BBCi player and my saved programmes.

any help/guidance will be appreciated.

I have rebooted at the wall, no change.

thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000 Answer

Re: Brand new to Sky, can’t watch anything from Netflix or BBCi player

Hmm, there's another thread which sounds similar, have a look through it. I wonder if it's something to do with the new software update?

Edit: press 'Home' and go down to 'Settings' and then 'System Info'.

The 'Software version' will be 2nd from the top. The update is Q270, I'm still on Q260 so couldn't confirm either way.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Alma7 wrote:

Brand new Sky customer, have downloaded Netflix and Discovery+ but can't watch any programmes on either channel.

I choose my programme it goes through the intro then takes me out of it completely and back to the main Sky page.

it's doing the same with anything from BBCi player and my saved programmes.

any help/guidance will be appreciated.

I have rebooted at the wall, no change.

thank you

Try turning the Q box and your internet router off at the wall (or plug them out) but leave them for at least 30 seconds. Boot the the router back up and wait until it's fully up and running before booting the Sky box up. Pay attention to any messages the Q box displays as it's booting up.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000 Answer

Hmm, there's another thread which sounds similar, have a look through it. I wonder if it's something to do with the new software update?

Edit: press 'Home' and go down to 'Settings' and then 'System Info'.

The 'Software version' will be 2nd from the top. The update is Q270, I'm still on Q260 so couldn't confirm either way.

Samsung S95C 55"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion