Discussion topic: Black screen when changing channels

This message was authored by WalshieLFC This message was authored by: WalshieLFC

Black screen when changing channels

Hi.

My tv screen goes black when I change the channel from the tv menu. I've had to unplug the Sky Q box a few times now to get it working again. Also, if I just enter a channel number to change, the screen stays black for about 10 seconds before the picture shows. Can this be fixed or do I need a new box? The one I have is a few years old at this stage.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Black screen when changing channels

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by me33 This message was authored by: me33

Hi - can someone please contact me from Sky as I'm having the exact same issue and it is frustrating! Thanks 

WalshieLFC
Topic Author
This message was authored by WalshieLFC This message was authored by: WalshieLFC

Thanks for the replies guys. We ended up getting a replacement box and all is fine now, so the issue was definitely a fault with the old box.

This message was authored by ray+neal This message was authored by: ray+neal

Ho

i am getting the same issue with black screen for 20 odd secs when changing channel

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion