Discussion topic: BBC 1 HD 101 Scrambled Picture

This message was authored by Pelanty This message was authored by: Pelanty

BBC 1 HD 101 Scrambled Picture

Hi I can't view BBC 1 North East HD on channel 101. I am able to view other BBC 1 HD channels in the 960s but channel 101 is just a scrambled picture & sound that breaks up with lines. Same also happens with BBC Parliament 504. 

I would like to be able to view live local news in my area at 6:30pm but I am  unable to do so. My HD signal is good and I have a new HD compatible TV so I am puzzled why I can't view BBC1 HD North East on 101 especially  when I can pick up the other BBC 1 HD channels ok. 

Can you please advise how this can be resolved? 

Thank You

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: BBC 1 HD 101 Scrambled Picture

@Pelanty wrote:

Hi I can't view BBC 1 North East HD on channel 101. I am able to view other BBC 1 HD channels in the 960s but channel 101 is just a scrambled picture & sound that breaks up with lines. Same also happens with BBC Parliament 504. 

I would like to be able to view live local news in my area at 6:30pm but I am  unable to do so. My HD signal is good and I have a new HD compatible TV so I am puzzled why I can't view BBC1 HD North East on 101 especially  when I can pick up the other BBC 1 HD channels ok. 

Can you please advise how this can be resolved? 

Thank You

You could try to a reboot of your Sky Q box. This generally fixes most issues. 

1. Turn off your box using the power button on your remote.
  2. Unplug your Sky Q box from the wall socket.
  3. Wait 5 minutes
  4. Plug your Sky Q box back into the wall socket
  5. Follow instructions on-screen

If this hasn't fixed it, you may need to contact Sky to book an engineer visit You can try emailing them at viewerR@sky.uk or by calling them.

You can also try phoning Sky. Their number is at at https://www.sky.com/help/home/. Click the "Need more help" at the bottom. Look for "If you'd still rather get in touch, contact us on [phone number]. Please be aware we receive a lot of calls every day, so call wait times will vary during busy periods and opening times will vary by department"

Pelanty
Topic Author

@Anonymous many thanks for your help will give another reboot a go & then contact Sky if still not successful cheers. 

This message was authored by GordonTGopher This message was authored by: GordonTGopher

Posted by a Sky employee

BBC North East HD and BBC Parliament share the same satellite frequency so looks like your reception is marginal.

Issue would have only come to light when BBC moved things around and your dish is struggling to get a proper lock on the new home of the HD channels.

If you call in and request an Engineer service visit they can check your dish setup.

Pelanty
Topic Author

Thanks @GordonTGopher I will try and book an engineer visit many thanks for your reply. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion