Discussion topic: Asked to return sky mini box

This message was authored by 1146 This message was authored by: 1146

Asked to return sky mini box

After a particularly painful call where I've arranged to remove multi room from my subscription (I don't use it) I've been sent packaging and instructions to return my 2 sky Q mini boxed.

However whilst not needed or wanted for watching tv, my mini boxes act as wifi boosters around my house. As soon as I unplug one, I have zero WiFi in half the house. I understand that Sky guarantee whole home WiFi, so how do I go about ensuring this if I return the mini boxes? I desperately don't want to become embroiled in another 40minute battle with sky's off shore call centre

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Asked to return sky mini box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1146 wrote:

After a particularly painful call where I've arranged to remove multi room from my subscription (I don't use it) I've been sent packaging and instructions to return my 2 sky Q mini boxed.

However whilst not needed or wanted for watching tv, my mini boxes act as wifi boosters around my house. As soon as I unplug one, I have zero WiFi in half the house. I understand that Sky guarantee whole home WiFi, so how do I go about ensuring this if I return the mini boxes? I desperately don't want to become embroiled in another 40minute battle with sky's off shore call centre

hi @1146 

Yes mini boxes do provide part of a wifi mesh but are in themselves part of the TV system and as you have discovered need to be returned if the multiroom sub is cancelled.

I am, personally, not to sure what boosters etc can be provided to help with your wifi coverage but I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch & should be able to discuss your needs and options

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Asked to return sky mini box

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @1146 an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion