Discussion topic: Adding BT Sport - is it a rolling monthly contract?

This message was authored by J95M This message was authored by: J95M

Adding BT Sport - is it a rolling monthly contract?

Hi! 

I'm looking at adding BT Sport for the next 2/3 months to watch the remainder of the Champions League. When I press the red button on one of the channels and progress through the upgrade process, it quotes £28 a month, but there appears to be no indication as to whether this is on a rolling monthly basis, or whether I'd be entering into a new 18 month contract. 

However, I did notice in the T&Cs something about adding BT Sport means it would automatically start a new contract for Sky Sports Complete. I only want to add BT Sport on a month-to-month basis and for it not to affect the contracts or price of my existing services. Can anyone help clarify this?

For reference I have Sky Q with Signature, Multiscreen, Sky Sports Complete Pack (until December 2023), Ultimate TV Add On and the Ultra HD add on.

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Adding BT Sport - is it a rolling monthly contract?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @J95M 

So that you. Are under no illusions it's best that you speak directly to Sky

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

The Sky website says "£28 a month - 18 month minimum contract. Prices may change during this period."

If you really only want it for a few months than going via BT the price is "£29.99 a month 1 month contract | £35 Upfront"

@J95M wrote:

Hi! 

I'm looking at adding BT Sport for the next 2/3 months to watch the remainder of the Champions League. When I press the red button on one of the channels and progress through the upgrade process, it quotes £28 a month, but there appears to be no indication as to whether this is on a rolling monthly basis, or whether I'd be entering into a new 18 month contract. 

However, I did notice in the T&Cs something about adding BT Sport means it would automatically start a new contract for Sky Sports Complete. I only want to add BT Sport on a month-to-month basis and for it not to affect the contracts or price of my existing services. Can anyone help clarify this?

For reference I have Sky Q with Signature, Multiscreen, Sky Sports Complete Pack (until December 2023), Ultimate TV Add On and the Ultra HD add on.

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

J95M
Topic Author
This message was authored by J95M This message was authored by: J95M

Thank you!

I did look at adding it through BT, but it also then asked for an extra £6 or something for the HD/UHD channels. Do you know if I actually would need to add that on to receive them, given I already pay for the UHD pack through Sky? I obviously don't want to pay for something twice!

I figured if I purchase through Sky, then the BT Sport Ultimate channel should already be included.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@J95M wrote:

Thank you!

I did look at adding it through BT, but it also then asked for an extra £6 or something for the HD/UHD channels. Do you know if I actually would need to add that on to receive them, given I already pay for the UHD pack through Sky? I obviously don't want to pay for something twice!

I figured if I purchase through Sky, then the BT Sport Ultimate channel should already be included.

Hi @J95M 

Subscribe with BT and You need to pay the Extra BT HD charge to get HD.   Also if you want it on Minis,   BT also have a Second box charge.

Subscribing through Sky HD and Mini use is included.   As you have Sky UHD you would get BT Ultimate

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion