Discussion topic: Access other ITV Regions

This message was authored by gmanlambert This message was authored by: gmanlambert

Access other ITV Regions

Why is there never been a way of being able to access other ITV Regions on Sky Q, as all the BBC One Regions are available to easily access on the guide without doing any manual tuning, why cant the ITV Regions be freely available as even though i live within the London Region, i have to use a manual tuned ITV Meridian South to see news from there including weather reports for when I am travelling to that Region, having them all tuned in at the end of the EPG like BBC 1 Regions would be good

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Access other ITV Regions

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gmanlambert wrote:

Why is there never been a way of being able to access other ITV Regions on Sky Q, as all the BBC One Regions are available to easily access on the guide without doing any manual tuning, why cant the ITV Regions be freely available as even though i live within the London Region, i have to use a manual tuned ITV Meridian South to see news from there including weather reports for when I am travelling to that Region, having them all tuned in at the end of the EPG like BBC 1 Regions would be good

hi @gmanlambert 

I have no real  idea but one reason may be due to the targetted adverts that may be different by region which companies pay for.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: Access other ITV Regions

ITV wants you to watch your home region so you see the right adverts. That doesn't matter to the BBC. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion