Discussion topic: 3rd Sky Q Remote

This message was authored by Sewingforfun This message was authored by: Sewingforfun

3rd Sky Q Remote

Can I set up a 3rd Sky Q remote? I have the main Q box and a mini box upstairs and both those remotes are paired up fine but a 3rd one would be helpful even if it won't do everything. Is this possible please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: 3rd Sky Q Remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sewingforfun 

You can have more than one remote to control the SKY Q box & TV but only one can be bluetoooth (so the additional one won't activate voice control or operate the volume buttons). You can buy an additional remote at bigger supermarkets and retailers. 

edit: typo

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Sewingforfun
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sewingforfun This message was authored by: Sewingforfun

Hi Daniel 0210 - thank you for your reply.   How do I pair up a 3rd remote then - because I have a 3rd handset with me but if I pair it up by pressing 1 &3 then one of the two other remotes (which incidentally both work using voice control and volume) stops working altogether so I still only end up with two working.   Happy for a 3rd one not to have voice control or volume but I cannot work how to set it up.  Hope this makes sense and you can advise - thanks

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Sewingforfun wrote:

Hi Daniel 0210 - thank you for your reply.   How do I pair up a 3rd remote then - because I have a 3rd handset with me but if I pair it up by pressing 1 &3 then one of the two other remotes (which incidentally both work using voice control and volume) stops working altogether so I still only end up with two working.   Happy for a 3rd one not to have voice control or volume but I cannot work how to set it up.  Hope this makes sense and you can advise - thanks

Hi @Sewingforfun 

to set a Q remote to infrared mode you just press 7 & 9 together on the remote until it's led flashes 4 times.

This will then work any Q box by infrared which will need line of sight to the Q box.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sewingforfun 

You keep mentioning a 3rd remote. Forget about the mini box remote. You're trying to pair a 2nd remote to the main box as just described by @oldfella 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Sewingforfun
Topic Author

Hi @oldfella - brilliant!  Thank you so much, just what I needed to know.   Got it working - cheers, much appreciated!

Sewingforfun
Topic Author

@Anonymous 0210 - many thanks for your help - got it now!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion