Discussion topic: 2nd remote not working

This message was authored by LottieG1 This message was authored by: LottieG1

2nd remote not working

So we have had 2  q remotes working perfectly fine on our Q box until earlier this week. This is due to me having as disability so easier to have my own remote near me all the time. Now only one will work I have called and spoke to tech who had no idea why even after a box power down and re pairing the remotes only one will work. Pair one the other stops working and vice versa. Does anyone know if there has been an update to stop 2 remotes paired to one box if so cim not impressed. I've done all the press 1 and 3 over and over and even unpaiir 7& 9. All they tried to do was sell me extras I don't need any extras Sky cinema etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: 2nd remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LottieG1 wrote:

So we have had 2  q remotes working perfectly fine on our Q box until earlier this week. This is due to me having as disability so easier to have my own remote near me all the time. Now only one will work I have called and spoke to tech who had no idea why even after a box power down and re pairing the remotes only one will work. Pair one the other stops working and vice versa. Does anyone know if there has been an update to stop 2 remotes paired to one box if so cim not impressed. I've done all the press 1 and 3 over and over and even unpaiir 7& 9. All they tried to do was sell me extras I don't need any extras Sky cinema etc.

Hi @LottieG1 

Afraid you can only pair one Bluetooth remote to a Q box.  This hasn't changed.

The only way you can use two remotes is using one of them in infrared mode.

If you want to use TV volume on both remotes proceed as follows.

Set the first remote as normal by pairing as follows
Make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Check that it works the TV.

Then press and hold 4 & 6 together until the remote led flashes.   This will disconnect the Bluetooth so that the remote will control the Q box by infrared and TV volume by infrared.  There will be no Voice control on this remote.

Then on the second remote completely reset the Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

This will work the Q box by Blutooth and the TV by infrared.   You will have voice control on this remote.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LottieG1 wrote:

Hi @LottieG1 

Afraid you can only pair one Bluetooth remote to a Q box.  This hasn't changed.

The only way you can use two remotes is using one of them in infrared mode.

If you want to use TV volume on both remotes proceed as follows.

Set the first remote as normal by pairing as follows
Make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Check that it works the TV.

Then press and hold 4 & 6 together until the remote led flashes.   This will disconnect the Bluetooth so that the remote will control the Q box by infrared and TV volume by infrared.  There will be no Voice control on this remote.

Then on the second remote completely reset the Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

This will work the Q box by Blutooth and the TV by infrared.   You will have voice control on this remote.

LottieG1
Topic Author
This message was authored by LottieG1 This message was authored by: LottieG1

@oldfella   Thanks you've saved the day, that's worked 😃

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion