Discussion topic: Doorbell

This message was authored by videolive This message was authored by: videolive

Doorbell

I have just installed my sky protect products, i have fully charged the doorbell as per the instructions on the APP it has only been on my door for 48hrs and i have already received a notification that the battery is low ?.....How long is the battery supposed to last once fully charged as this does not seem long at all.

All Replies

This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

Video Doorbell review?

Has anyone got any thoughts on the video doorbell and how good it is? I've currently got the Nest (Google) battery doorbell connected to a Nest mini and it also sends notifications to my Sony Google TV. Is the Sky Smart Tech package worth it? 

Ta in advance.

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Video Doorbell review?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @S44TUH 

The doorbell doesn't integrate with other ecosystems, not even Sky's TV. 

The notifications will only be via the chime and app unfortunately.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@S44TUH wrote:

I've currently got the Nest (Google) battery doorbell connected to a Nest mini and it also sends notifications to my Sony Google TV.  Is the Sky Smart Tech package worth it? 

Realistically Nest has the resources of one of the most powerful corporations on the planet behind it, while Sky (or rather Zurich) is buying in some off-the-shelf hardware and slapping Sky branding on the associated app.

Depending on how you feel about handing over even more of your household data to what's essentially a huge advertising platform, this may or may not influence your choice.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mr+pingu This message was authored by: Mr+pingu

Re: Doorbell

Mine was flat after 2 days but then I fully charged it and it's still going now 12 days later 

videolive
Topic Author

How long did you charge it for, I have been charging it since yesterday. I get the orange and blue flashing lights for a while and then instead of the blue solid light telling me it's charged I get a solid orange, then when I go to  uncharge it it starts flashing orange and blue again as if it needs to left on charge ?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Sounds like you could have a charging problem. Maybe a device error.

Try contacting Sky via the Sky Protect app live help  to work with them to help with your charging issues.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by MichaelF80 This message was authored by: MichaelF80

That means that the bell is not synced to the chime, you need to press the sync button on the side of the chime, followed by the sync button on the back of the bell, it will then show solid blue if the bell is fully charged

This message was authored by SteelesHouse This message was authored by: SteelesHouse

Doorbell battery

Hi all,

Just wondering what kind of battery life others are having with their video doorbell.  We are having to recharge every day...and it 99% of the time dies when we're out of the house.  We wanted it as an extra level of security and at the moment...it's basically just another thing to charge and costing us money for the pleasure - when we're not beneffiting from it.  Its just become a chore to constantly take it down each day to recharge.

We've followed the tips about reducing the recording time, set activity zone - doesn't make any difference - still have to recharge.  Also...when someone presses the doorbell...there is a huge delay when talking via the app to the point its not even worth responding...as the battery just dies.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues before going any further and contacting sky directly.  We love the other products that come in the kit - but the doorbell is letting the side down at the moment.  

This message was authored by Bandit1transam This message was authored by: Bandit1transam

Battery life is poor and no warning when low unless you constantly check the app so it need's charging every day, if I'd have known this would of went elsewhere in my honest opinion it's not fit for purpose, would i recommend it probably not

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Doorbell battery

Would expect the battery life to work for weeks, if not a Month or more.
Looks like you have been through to check the app settings and made sure its not in any heavy use all the time.
Would suggest contacting Sky via the app live chat or calling Sky.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Bandit1transam 

This has been raised with Sky in the Superuser forum as it's been mentioned in quite a few threads.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Benney42 This message was authored by: Benney42

I've had my doorbell for three days now and like others have said battery life is terrible. It gives no warning when flat  just shuts off. It also takes around 3-4 hours to fully charge. There's no option for having a second battery. No option to hardwire. 

I live on a busy road and the motion detector picks up all movement even if I have adjusted areas on the app to ignore busy areas it still pics to them up.

It really is not fit for purpose. 

videolive
Topic Author

I am having the same issues, fully charged it is lasting about 2 x days, it picks up everything even though i have set the activity zone and all it keeps doing is disconnecting itself and i am unable to reboot so ihave to reconnect each time which is a pain (this is my second door bell as my first one would not charge)

This message was authored by swancelona This message was authored by: swancelona

Made the mistake of selling my ring device when this kit arrived.

Battery life is poor

Even with a 900gb Wi-Fi and it close to the router the caller would have left the house 10 seconds before the answer would be heard at the door.

What a waste of time 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion