Discussion topic: refreshing sim data message

This message was authored by vik.sal This message was authored by: vik.sal

refreshing sim data message

my phone won't update and find where I am in lanzarote and I keep getting a refreshing sim data message.. why please help..

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: refreshing sim data message

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Adam37 This message was authored by: Adam37

I have the same issue being in Ireland. Arrived yesterday and still receiving message 'refreshing sim data'. Tried turning phone on and off.... usually helps, but nothing.

Gone into sky settings and requested network settings, and get the message 'network settings have been sent to (my phone number) - this may take up to 30 seconds, please wait before requesting a new one.' From here, still nothing.

Please advise?

This message was authored by adbailey18 This message was authored by: adbailey18

I've been in Lanzarote since last Friday, phone was working fine up until yesterday and now getting this message, which drains the battery. Tried everything I can find online to help.

Can't request network settings as not registered on a network due to this issue. Wife's mobile has worked since being here so now we're screwed. 

This message was authored by adbailey18 This message was authored by: adbailey18

Meant to say the wife's has never worked since being here, need an edit option. 

This message was authored by Snsjs This message was authored by: Snsjs

We're the same.

Worked when we first arrived in fuerteventura but since this morning we've not been able to make or receive calls or texts. We can't even get network settings sms from sky.

Very disappointing tbh, at least we have free WiFi at the hotel but I have to keep my phone on airplane mode to stop the battery from draining due to the sin data refreshing message.

This message was authored by GregTrev This message was authored by: GregTrev

TLDR: Set network mode to 3G only.

FULL: For my UK based, Sky based Samsung, whilst in Menorca, Spain, the solution (after trying wifi on/off, sim card data on/off, data roaming on/off, sim manager mobile data off/sim1, volte calĺs off/sim1, and even VPN'ing back to the UK) was to set network mode to 3G only (other network modes may have also worked - 3G was the first I tried).

This action connected my phone to the sky/orange network and the quick action draw down from top of screen stopped saying "emergency calls only".

It also massively and more significantly cooled down my phone!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion