Discussion topic: phone swap, broke before sending back

This message was authored by chloemmcf This message was authored by: chloemmcf

phone swap, broke before sending back

Yesterday I dropped my phone and the screen smashed done one side. I had a screen protector on so the damage isn't awful but I was overdue an upgrade for a year so when I got home I upgraded and put to swap my old device. I stated there there was damage as there is however it didn't stop my phone from working.

However after an hour, my phone completely shut itself off. Doesn't turn back on or charge!! I don't want them to think I had falsely stated the details of my phone as they were correct at the time, but it also means I can't reset it to factory settings or sign out if my apple id.

I can't phone sky until the new phone is delivered later on today and the online help didn't have any suggestions. I read that they won't accept the phone if it's not reset and will send it back. Has anyone had a similar situation? It was only worth 70 quid with the screen damage anyway, so it doesn't matter if they have to redo the contract where the money isn't taken off, but woukd would likely happen? thanks!!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: phone swap, broke before sending back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the phone is on it's way to Sky then it will be inspected when it arrives before a final valuation is made, due to this damage it probably will not be much and not enough to pay it off. So you will have a choice, you can either accept the valuation you are given or reject it as it should then be sent back to you. On both you would then have to keep paying off the remainder of the contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion