Discussion topic: Wifi Calling Issues

This message was authored by ginger5693 This message was authored by: ginger5693

Re: Wifi Calling Issues

I have Sky broadband. I was with Vodafone and WiFi calling was fine. Switched to Sky mobile and having exactly the same issues. I also have a Samsung S21 FE.

Can't work out if it is the broadband, the handset or the Sky mobile? 

Driving me nuts as we also don't have any mobile signal where we live so I also rely on WiFi calling but we are moving soon so I was going to leave it and see if the issue persists once we arrive at the opposite end of the country! 

G10willy
Topic Author
This message was authored by G10willy This message was authored by: G10willy

In the end I left the sky mobile went to EE with the same phone and it is absolutely perfect, has to be sky, hope you get it sorted 

This message was authored by Clatto This message was authored by: Clatto

Unfortunately @ginger5693 , it seems to be Sky Mobile. If you read through the replies below, which go back a year or two, we have all gradually come to realise that it's not the handset (there are many different phones involved, both apple and android), and it's not the broadband provider (some people use Sky Broadband but many don't). And we've had several posts of switching from another provider where it worked fine (Vodafone, BT). 

I can only conclude that we, all of whom depend on Wifi calling for the same reason as you, have all made a mistake in switching to Sky Mobile. 

I've gone back to using a land line. Others have switched providers.

This message was authored by Gary302 This message was authored by: Gary302

Same problem here. I'm on iPhone and sky fibre and reading the comments on here, it seems not to matter what device it is. The common denominator is Sky Mobile. We too live in a rural area with little or no mobile signal so very disappointing. Just called Sky to see what they can do and the answer is nothing! Shame Sky don't want to address what would seem to be a common issue. Another Sky Mobile customer lost here I'm afraid!

This message was authored by pdavies1978 This message was authored by: pdavies1978

Well, as a follow up to my issues spoken about on this thread, I have cancelled Sky Mobile and moved to Vodafone - and confirmed that their wifi calling works. Zero issues with Vodafone. (And my wife is on TO2 and no issues there.). This is same phone model, same wifi network. Confirming the issue is confirnmed to be with Sky and their SIM

I was talking to a Sky Retention CS agent (about another issue) and explained what was happening. He said he would try and escalate it internally. Funnily enough his girlfriend was having these exact issues with wifi calling!

It is truly amazing that Sky refuse to acknowledge or attempt to resolve this issue and are actively losing loyal customers over it. An issue that has gone on for years.

This message was authored by ginger5693 This message was authored by: ginger5693

Brilliant 😞 Well, I guess I'll start counting down the days until I can leave Sky Mobile and go back to Vodafone. I should have stuck with what I knew!!

The real issue for me with this hit home this weekend when I was trying to use my phone to get medical help for my daughter.  Mobile signal was dire and cut me off. Went to wifi calling and a few minutes into the queue on the call it did the same. Absolutely shocking service/signal in this day and age!!

This message was authored by Renwick84 This message was authored by: Renwick84

I'm having exactly the same issues described here. Another 12 months before I can leave though! 

This message was authored by Mad1299 This message was authored by: Mad1299

Same here: Sky mobile user. BT  broadband. Various iPhones. All the same. Like others we rely on Wi-Fi calling as no mobile signal. Up to a few months ago it was great.

I have had a new sim from Sky - no difference, had BT tweak broadband - no difference, bought a new iPhone - no difference.

I now use WhatsApp calling but that's only good with other mobile users as you Can't call landlines on WhatsApp. otherwise am

now paying BT for landlines calls as I have a no call deal.

Off to check my Sky contract as this is unusable. 

This message was authored by Mad1299 This message was authored by: Mad1299

Had another call with Sky 'help' who have suggested turning off 5G (settings >> mobile data >> mobile data options >> voice and data >> choose 4G)

Seems a bit negative but I will report back...

This message was authored by Clatto This message was authored by: Clatto

Finally gave it up. Been with Sky nearly 2 years but this issue broke me. Just switched to 3 today, and so far the wifi calling is a revelation. It sounds like a really clear phone call. Time will tell whether the connection is consistent.

This message was authored by JenJen19 This message was authored by: JenJen19

@G10willy Did you ever find out? Mine has been doing this for 4 months now

This message was authored by JenJen19 This message was authored by: JenJen19

@adamhhh Do you have a Samsung phone? I am trying to go between Sky and Samsung to find out who the problem is with

This message was authored by Auldreekie84 This message was authored by: Auldreekie84

I've got an iPhone and had Wi-Fi calling turned off for a few weeks and not had an issue. Turned it back on today and it's as bad as ever.

This message was authored by adamhhh This message was authored by: adamhhh

@JenJen19 wrote:

@adamhhh Do you have a Samsung phone? I am trying to go between Sky and Samsung to find out who the problem is with

Hi

I have an iPhone and Samsung. Neither worked. There isn't anything you can do to remedy it. It's Sky's infrastructure (telephonicas). I left Sky, I'm with Asda mobile. One month rolling contract. Wi-Fi calling just works! I would come back to Sky if/when they resolve the issues,but not before. 

I gave up. Sky sent a new sim card and it hasn't changed. Their troubleshooting steps are vast and stuff I either can't or don't have time to do. I've gone back to them telling them I feel it is just a way to get me to give up.  The troubleshooting doesn't even relate to the specific issue!  I've directed them to view the forums and see it isn't just me. They have now come back and said it is an issue with the mast in my area. 

I'm stuck in a contract for another 18 months. I've put the data down to the bare minimum so they aren't making much out of me at all (I have enough rolled over in the piggybank to top up) and I'll be going back to Vodafone as soon as my contract ends.  I don't have an issue paying for the handset if I could just be released from the data side so I can put another service providers sim card in the same handset! When my daughters spacewalk watch contract ends this year, we won't be upgrading with sky either. Totally poor response by Sky. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion