Discussion topic: Wifi Calling Issues

This message was authored by G10willy This message was authored by: G10willy

Wifi Calling Issues

For the last 3 weeks or so my wifi calling has become unbearable, after about 1 minute on the phone it becomes intermitent and crackly and its driving me mad. I have been with sky for about 2 years with bt fibre and never had this issue before. Internet signal is not an issue. We dont get a mobile signal where we live so wifi calling etc are really important. My husband is having the same issue he has a S21 Ultra i have an S21 FE is it a phone issue or network issue, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Wifi Calling Issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @G10willy  are you running the latest firmware versions on both phones ?

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
G10willy
Topic Author

Hi yes both phones have the latest firmware installed. Is it a Samsung issue or sky issue? I have always been with huawei before samsung and never had an issue then.

Thanks

G10willy
Topic Author

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sorry @G10willy  all I can suggest is calling sky free on 150 to see if they can help. I am assuming you have tried rebooting your router and reconnecting your phones ?

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Clatto This message was authored by: Clatto

I have had the same problem for the past month or more. Also completely depend on it, also have Samsung phones. Did you ever get it resolved? thanks

G10willy
Topic Author

@Clatto no resolution yet. We still can't work out if its a Samsung issue or sky network issue? Sky aren't very helpful on the phone as they can't seem to understand the problem and that I don't have regular signal and need WiFi calling to work. I have contemplated getting an ee sim card to try in phone and see if that makes any difference. I will keep you posted

thanks. Yes, this is an extremely frustrating problem. They offer the service, but they don't do much to support the service. And it's the main reason we signed up with Sky, which is a bit tiresome. Oh well. Good luck to us both!

This message was authored by adamhhh This message was authored by: adamhhh

I have the same issue, tried different phones and a different wifi (Mesh), still the same. 

Did you get any resolution?

AS you say the Sky  SD desk are not much help.

G10willy
Topic Author

@adamhhh still no joy, I have phoned bt as that's who our broadband is with to see if that's where the issue was coming from. They changed a few settings but its still the same. What's odd is that for the first minute or so calls are super clear then it starts to get cracklier and crackling to the.point of unbearable.

This message was authored by adamhhh This message was authored by: adamhhh

Exactly same with me, except i am with Sky broadband. 

As you say calls are great for a minute or two and then the quality drops off a hill. 

I was with O2 and sky broadband and call quality was great, had to change as O2 don't do sms on wifi calling. 

I think it must be Sky Mobile where the issue lies. 

I also had no resolution. Gave up and got a land line. At least now I can rethink whether to switch mobile providers, so I guess that's one result. 

This message was authored by drs66 This message was authored by: drs66

I just switched from 3 a week ago and have exactly the same issue. Worked perfectly with 3 via the same handset and broadband which are an iPhone 13 Pro running bang up to date OS and BT FTTC with very stable 60Mbps. 

This message was authored by pdavies1978 This message was authored by: pdavies1978

Exactly the same issue but I am on iPhone, with Sky broadband and Unifi mesh.

Calls deteriorate after a couple of mins. In addition I get lots of calls just cut off.

I engaged Sky Customer support - you were pretty useless to be honest - and they sent out a new SIM - which has not made any difference.

The common denominator is obviously Sky SIMs or Firmware - as we can see from this thread the same issue happens with different phone models, ISP providers etc.

Sky CS seem to routinely ignore these forums - but hopefully someone will read it.

G10willy
Topic Author

We have now switched to BT mobile as we weren't getting anywhere with sky. Needless to say the issue has now stopped and wifi calling is working perfectly.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion