Discussion topic: When will my old device be removed from my account?

This message was authored by MissBThompson This message was authored by: MissBThompson

When will my old device be removed from my account?

Hello I upgraded my mobile not to long ago I had about £20 left to pay so I upgraded early I was happy to pay the £20 but after the upgraded I received an email asking to send my old device to them which I no longer have and 2 days ago I received an email saying they haven't received my old phone. The device is still showing on my account the new device is working fine with the new data plan with it. Just wondering when my old device will be removed from my account because I have a few devices with sky that I'm happy paying monthly for just would like to swap one of my tablets for a newer tablet but it won't let me as it says I have to many devices on my account as they have not removed that old one. Sorry for the essay and thank you for any help received.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: When will my old device be removed from my account?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Returned devices remain on the account for something like 150 days but as you are not paying for it then it doesn't count as a live device so shouldn't stop you from swapping other devices. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @MissBThompson  i think you may need to call sky about this as it looks like you started a swap and have not returned your phone as part of that swap. Sky are obviously expecting a returned device. Call them on 150 to discuss. If you don't you will continue to get messages. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
MissBThompson
Topic Author
This message was authored by MissBThompson This message was authored by: MissBThompson

Hi Thanks for replying, I clicked on upgrade because my old device was coming to the end of contract they haven't sent me any messages since saying they haven't received my old device. I'll give them a ring in the morning the line says it's closed at the moment,  I'm hoping i can just pay of the remaining balance or have it added onto my new device as there was only about £20 left I thought I was just upgrading. Not sure if I may of clicked something wrong going through the upgrade checkout 🤷‍♀️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion