Discussion topic: When will my new plan show on sky mobile app

This message was authored by chrisw2214 This message was authored by: chrisw2214

When will my new plan show on sky mobile app

I have got my new phone and set it all up I have kept my number so just popped my old sim into this phone, I checked my sky mobile app but it's only showing my old plan from my previous phone and not my new one with more data etc? Does this take a while to change? I won't be paying for my old one and this new one surely they will update it and I will just pay what I chose when ordering the phone? Can anyone help? Thanks! 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: When will my new plan show on sky mobile app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are using the sim from your old device did you make sure that when you changed the plan that it was applied to that sim otherwise you will be sent a new sim on which this plan would be on so would mean you would be paying for both of them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
chrisw2214
Topic Author
This message was authored by chrisw2214 This message was authored by: chrisw2214

Well I did it all on my old phone on my sky mobile app so assumed that it would be a new plan taking over the old one? 

chrisw2214
Topic Author

I did get sent another sim but I didn't want a new number and it said on the app about if you want to keep the number just pop the old sim in but they send a new one incase... so now I'm so confused as I don't want to pay for my old data plan which was only Ā£9 as I paid the contract off and my new one.... all this gives me a headache šŸ« 

@chrisw2214 wrote:

so assumed that it would be a new plan taking over the old one? 

That would happen but only if you select the "I do not need a sim" option. So if you are not sure if you did this or not then give Sky a call on the free 150 number so they can look into this for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
chrisw2214
Topic Author

Can they change my new plan onto my old sim then and stop my old plan? 

You would need to ask them this but they should be able to do that for you if you did put the plan on the new sim.

chrisw2214
Topic Author

The plans showing up on the other sim on my app but so is my old plan... I just don't want the old one anymore... thought it would be more simple.. can you tell I'm a panicker! šŸ« 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion