Discussion topic: Unsolicited Phone from Sky

This message was authored by LOTR3 This message was authored by: LOTR3

Unsolicited Phone from Sky

Hi, on Friday my husband received a cold call from Sky Mobile from the Philippines offering a reduction in his tariff...he has his phone on speaker so I heard the whole conversation. It was a genuine Sky employee, he agreed to reduction & paperwork came through but it included a brand new Samsung Galaxy phone if which there had been no mention whatsoever. This meant a huge additional cost which he didn't want or ask for!

He immediately rang number on the documentation to say this & cancel! Employee apologised & said this would be done immediately. Needless to say it hasn't & we've received missed delivery from DPD yesterday, husband calls again & says he doesn't want an unsolicited item & arrange for DPD to return back to SKY. Indian lady this time says this has happened as end of month & team have to meet set sales targets...really?!

They reluctantly agreed to arrange for DPD to send phone directly back to SKY.

Yet again this clearly hasn't been done as we've received notification from DPD to say they are delivering it to us later today!

Can no one in SKY Mobile sort this & stop fraudulently sending out phones that aren't asked for or mentioned! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Unsolicited Phone from Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LOTR3 wrote:

We just have to refuse phone & it will go back to Sky.

Phew!  It can be a very expensive mistake...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Actually, I think you've been scammed.  It wasn't Sky.  (They wouldn't call from the Phillippines)

The scam involves ordering an expensive item on your account and then getting you to return it to the scammers.  They have the phone and you're paying for it.

The number on the 'documentation' is not Sky.

Look up the official number on the Sky website and only call that...

https://www.sky.com/help/home  (Click on 'need more help?')

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@LOTR3 

I'm in agreement with @PandJ2020 there have been a couple of similar reports. Only call/contact Sky by official methods not by anything you were sent to as a result of this call.

You can call Sky free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or a Sky Mobile, alternatively you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a dedicated ROI number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
LOTR3
Topic Author
This message was authored by LOTR3 This message was authored by: LOTR3

Have thankfully sorted it now & was a scam but luckily husband never used the password given to him so the order the scammers placed via Sky is coming to our address rather than them being able to change the delivery address to theirs! We just have to refuse phone & it will go back to Sky.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

@LOTR3 wrote:

We just have to refuse phone & it will go back to Sky.

Phew!  It can be a very expensive mistake...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion