Discussion topic: Unable to link Sky ID to mobile account

This message was authored by ZowB This message was authored by: ZowB

Unable to link Sky ID to mobile account

I used to be a Sky TV customer, this contract has now ended.

I have purchased a sky mobile and had to do it through my Sky ID, i have received an email asking me to link this to my mobile account. I have followed the links both on explorer and chrome but keep getting an error message "Technical error - it's not you, its us" try either refereshing the page or following the link. I have been doing both but it makes no difference and my order etc is not showing in my sky account. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Re: Unable to link Sky ID to mobile account

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @ZowB and email is still linked to an old tv accounts Sky id, the options were to update the old sky id with an alternative email address or use a different email address for the new mobile account, customer had no alternative email address so needs to speak to the Sky Id team to see if they can use the systems they have exclusive access to, to resolve this.

Thanks again for the escalation have a great Sunday 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ZowB wrote:

I used to be a Sky TV customer, this contract has now ended.

How long ago was it you finished being a Sky TV customer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ZowB
Topic Author

Hi 

it was about 6 months ago

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
ZowB
Topic Author

Thank you very much for your help 😊 @caesarome 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @ZowB and email is still linked to an old tv accounts Sky id, the options were to update the old sky id with an alternative email address or use a different email address for the new mobile account, customer had no alternative email address so needs to speak to the Sky Id team to see if they can use the systems they have exclusive access to, to resolve this.

Thanks again for the escalation have a great Sunday 🙂

This message was authored by jalderson1986 This message was authored by: jalderson1986

hi, can someone help me with this?

I am so iirritated that this does not work and cant be resolved online.  surly your systems should be able to identify duplicate accounts and merge them??

@jalderson1986 

Do you want to start from the beginning and let us know what the issue is as you haven't said so what is happening and what are you trying to do. You mention duplicate accounts so what is happening with this ?

This message was authored by Stresses+out This message was authored by: Stresses+out

Re: Unable to link Sky mobile to new sky account

Can't link sky mobile to new akt account. Need to add more date but after entering the correct post code and bank account number. Wont let me log in

@Stresses+out 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to Stresses+out.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Pompey+Ian This message was authored by: Pompey+Ian

I'm having exactly the same problem 

@Pompey+Ian 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will hopefully be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Pompey+Ian.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion