Discussion topic: Text messages

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Text messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClockSlave wrote:

I am also having the same issue for days. How do I complain,.is there a link?

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Flipper This message was authored by: Flipper

I only have a nokia 105 and don't receive or send many texts, I needed a verification text and that's when I realised I had no signal. I just did the on/off and got a signal, received a text probably from a few days ago. 

I got this phone partly because of the landlines being scrapped and connected to the internet. I am clinging to my proper landline but I doubt if I'll be able to keep it for much longer. Losing signal is filling me with dread.

This message was authored by Laura1238 This message was authored by: Laura1238

Just been told fixed by tomorrow evening apparently 

This message was authored by Kirsty120 This message was authored by: Kirsty120

I'm trying to make a complaint right now and been stuck in a queue for 25 minutes, literally shocking 

This message was authored by RebeccaTempest This message was authored by: RebeccaTempest

make sure to ask for compensation, i've been offered £5 off my monthly bill, (Removed)

Moderator note: Removed campaigning suggestion

This message was authored by Kirsty120 This message was authored by: Kirsty120

I've also posted on FB and tagged sky in it as well whilst still in a queue to complain 

This message was authored by Chrissi-p This message was authored by: Chrissi-p

Re: Not receiving texts

Thank you! It's absolutely ridiculous. In this day and age that this still happens.  I don't understand why it's not an easy fix on their end! 

@Jxcy thats The same for me too. Not everyone has iPhones so this shouldn't be an issue! Never had this on my previous network. Had no issues at all in the 6 years

This message was authored by Sy5 This message was authored by: Sy5

Re: Texts not being received from EE network

It's definitely a sky issue. Incoming/outgoing calls are fine 

sending text (sms) fine

recieving text (major issue) 

I can only receive some text from other people if there on sky mobile, Tesco mobile, o2 and ee but ee is really delayed like almost 12hrs

tesco and sky run off the o2 network 

technically speak it could possibly be o2 issue but I haven't seen/heard of any issues from o2 users 

This message was authored by SARAHSPILL This message was authored by: SARAHSPILL

Someone has posted a link to the complaint page, I've filled that in

@Sy5 im only get texting if the person has an iPhone. My dad has a Motorola and is on id mobile and not very anything from him but  alls go through 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

This message was authored by TATsimTV This message was authored by: TATsimTV

I seem to be having the reverse issue to this. From people both on IOS and Android, I've been recieving repeating text messages, every hour since I first received the original text. But on their end they've only sent one message. Could this be related to the above issues?

Crissi is it text (sms) your receiving or iMessage? iMessages won't be affected as its data/wifi they use not credit 

TATsimTV Yes i believe it's related, say 20-30% of people in this forum are having your issue as well 

This message was authored by RebeccaTempest This message was authored by: RebeccaTempest

i think my message has been deleted about asking for compensation! (Removed)

Moderator note: Removed campaigning

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion