Discussion topic: Text messages

This message was authored by Jxcy This message was authored by: Jxcy

Re: Text messages

I'm asking them via x to see if they can give a decent update and ask if they are going to offer some kind of update and compensation for this situation. 

This message was authored by Stevo1979 This message was authored by: Stevo1979

Sky told me the issue was fixed last night and now having final checks before the solution is applied ...

didn't give me an exact time frame but was indicated is imminent 

In two calls to them, one last night around 5pm and this morning, they admit the issue is with them and engineers are working on it 

@Kirsty120 

Sky told me the issue was fixed last night and now having final checks before the solution is applied ...

didn't give me an exact time frame but was indicated is imminent 

In two calls to them, one last night around 5pm and this morning, they admit the issue is with them and engineers are working on it 

This message was authored by kris88 This message was authored by: kris88

Re: Not receiving texts

@Chrissi-p 150 is best number. Just spoken to them. Just saying should be fixed by tomorrow afternoon. They tried network settings but not helped. Same situation as you, mum is 91

In my area, it seems to be working fine. Just called a friend of mine and the call went through no problem. Depending on the area you live in, it may or may not be fixed so I suggest just restarting your phone to be safe 

@Emerald53 I have. Whilst pleasant not much they can do it appears

This message was authored by Kirsty120 This message was authored by: Kirsty120

They are so confusing, saying it should be fixed today or tomorrow, basically they have no idea 

@Jxcy 

the issue is I cannot receive texts from android phones or other networks 

i can text out ok and call out ok and receive calls in but cannot receive texts 

@Jxcy  As previously mentioned it's not sending or calling that is most people's issue it's receiving texts (sms) 

Ah. That is strange then. They must be rolling out the fix slowly then? That's all I can think of that's all

This message was authored by Walking-Man This message was authored by: Walking-Man

Was on chat to Sky. They said engineers 'working' on it solution tomorrow morning 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Sy5 This message was authored by: Sy5

I've just filled in a complaints form for the simple fact it's been 5 days for me and a lot of others on here, and to top it off a lot of you have been fobbed off in my opinion saying it's your PHONE or SIM card etc etc. this issue should of been solved days ago without excuses. We are paying for a service where not even getting. No form of contact from themselves about the issue at all, there's plenty of ways and means, platforms etc to use to at least notify there customers there's an issue. As you can tell I'm not a happy customer at this time. I hope it gets sorted asap I feel for the elder/vunerable and careers etc as for some it's the only lifeline they have 

This message was authored by Abby2005 This message was authored by: Abby2005

I have also raised a complaint, this service is simply just not good enough. If everyone else can make a complaint too I think they'll get the picture eventually. 

This message was authored by Lodge This message was authored by: Lodge

Re: Texts not being received from EE network

There must be something going on seen as there is a few of us with the same issues, I'm only getting messages from other sky customers or verification texted, some people I'm getting multiple messages saying the same things throughout the day and a lot not even coming through at all. Do you think it's something to do with sky? And has anyone been able to sort this issue? 

This message was authored by ClockSlave This message was authored by: ClockSlave

I am also having the same issue for days. How do I complain,.is there a link?

How would I get compensation, is it best calling or by chat?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion