Discussion topic: Text messages

This message was authored by Andy177 This message was authored by: Andy177

Not recieving txts

For the last three not getting texts properly it's taking 30 hours plus

This message was authored by Al3x1 This message was authored by: Al3x1

Re: Texts not being received from EE network

I have same problem not only EE  it's in my case 3 as well. I've spoken to Sky and apparently it's my sim that is at fault. So awaiting new sim we see if this helps. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Not recieving txts

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andy177 

I've merged your post into this thread discussing the issue that some customers are experiencing today. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by kris88 This message was authored by: kris88

Re: Text messages

This is ridiculous. My mum is 91 & only texts, doesn't have WhatsApp & I'm not receiving any of them. She gets concerned & phones which I can receive but it's worrying her that it's her phone when it's not. All I get told is it's a known issue. Been like this for at least 36 hours now. I need texts to keep

in touch with her when ringing is not possible 

Mine seems to be from all sorts but naibly vidafone not coming through  

This message was authored by Andyteresa This message was authored by: Andyteresa

Re: can’t receive txt messages

Since yesterday I can't receive txt messages 

@Daniel0210  sorry didn't tag you in my message. Been 36 hours now & affecting communication with my 91 year old mum 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@kris88 

One of the other posters on this thread has reported this to Sky and been told Sky are aware and are trying to resolve it. As customers we aren't going to know how long it's going to take. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Kirsty120 This message was authored by: Kirsty120

I haven't been receiving texts since 9pm last night, can send no problem.  Is this being fixed by sky as this thread is the first I've seen that there is an issue.

has sky said what happened and how long it will take to fix?

This message was authored by Cookc This message was authored by: Cookc

Not receiving text messages

I'm not receiving text messages I can send text messages and make phone calls but not recieving

@Kirsty120 

See my post immediately above yours. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by LTC1970 This message was authored by: LTC1970

Re: Texts not being received from EE network

Mine has been working fine for years to the same person. Neither of us have changed phones, networks, sims or any settings.  It just stopped working and now get the last text they sent over and over at random times. They sent a message to someone else on Sky network tonight to check and it worked so I'm assuming it's something with my phone even though I haven't changed anything and everything else is good.  Will put a call into Sky and see what they say 🤞

This message was authored by Jxcy This message was authored by: Jxcy

I'm just being patient and waiting to see if it can be fixed quickly. I hope it gets rectified soon and we are given some form of compensation for this.

This message was authored by Martin151 This message was authored by: Martin151

Hi I have a text issue , I can send messages but not receiving any . This is urgent as I also have an elderly mother

This message was authored by Kirsty120 This message was authored by: Kirsty120

@Daniel0210 the issue is that even when you check sky mobile service it's telling you everything is working I only realised it's not just me by finding this thread on the forum also how do we know it's fixed when they aren't telling anyone there is an issue online (as we can't receive texts) 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion