Discussion topic: Switched to Sky mobile from Vodafone, unable to receive calls.

This message was authored by Nicky+Howe This message was authored by: Nicky+Howe

Switched to Sky mobile from Vodafone, unable to receive calls.

I switched from Vodafone to Sky mobile yesterday when I received my sim, sent the PAC code as I want to keep my number. Email from Sky today saying switch has been done and I can do everything except receive a call on my iPhone 11. Looked in settings, phone, my number and it shows the Sky sim number not mine and won't let me change it. Trying turning off and on - no luck. Does this bit take a while longer, need to be able to receive calls obviously 🙄

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Switched to Sky mobile from Vodafone, unable to receive calls.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Nicky+Howe  if you go to settings, phone, my number you should be able to manually change the number there, then exit and reboot your phone. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Nicky+Howe
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nicky+Howe This message was authored by: Nicky+Howe

@63johnw Thank you for this, I tried this but when I press save it reverts back to the Sky number?

Others have reported it took quite a few attempts @Nicky+Howe 

Nicky+Howe
Topic Author

@63johnw I've got it to display the correct number in 'my number' and rebooted it 7 times, taken sim out and put it back in, still phone not ring but I can dial out. Thanks for you help so far, anything else I can try?

You could try a new sim @Nicky+Howe 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim#mobile-help-page-technical-contact-us

Nicky+Howe
Topic Author

@Greenfingers001 

Please can you help me, I can't call Sky until after 7pm as at work.... Switched to Sky mobile and kept my number. Had an email saying the switch has been done to my number but am unable to receive calls even though my correct number is showing on my iPhone11. Also on icloud, I cannot add my number as don't receive the code by text to add it so obviously still on the Sky number on the sim.

Very frustrating as makes it sound so easy on the website, beginning to wish I stayed with Vodafone.......

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Did you order a new sim as suggested ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by BarbaraSz This message was authored by: BarbaraSz

Hi 

I am experiencing this exact problem. How did you resolve it? I switched over on 18/09 and got notified on 19/09 that it will work the following day. It's now 21/09 and I am still not able to recieve calls or text messages. I am able to make a phone call or send a message but not recieve either. It's very frustrating as everything is linked to that number. Sky support said they would call back within 72 hours but they did not take a number to call me so I guess they will call on the number that I am not recieving calls. Very furstrating why did I switch?!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@BarbaraSz 

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone. If it is a different phone then have a look in the settings to see if it is showing the correct one and do the same and change it if it is wrong then reboot your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by BarbaraSz This message was authored by: BarbaraSz

Thanks I've done that earlier and it's not solved the problem. I've also requested a new SIM a couple of minutes ago. It is meant to arrive within next 1-2 days. I am hoping to hear from the person who reported this problem in July and learn how they've managed to get it resolved. 

This message was authored by LS1717 This message was authored by: LS1717

I'm having the exact same problem, got email to say my Vodafone number had transferred over and the correct number shows in settings but I cannot receive calls or texts...people who call me say it goes straight to Vodafone voicemail!!  I tried contacting Vodafone but they just say my number is no longer registered with them and they cannot help!!!!  Poor customer service from Sky, I spoke to someone online and they said I would receive a call back in 2-3 days it has now been over a week!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion