Discussion topic: Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal

This message was authored by JamesS1232 This message was authored by: JamesS1232

Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal

Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal. Even when i have very good signal mobile data is either very slow or non existing l. Have tried multiple devices. Sent settings. Best i have managed was 6mbps. In Wrexham i barely get anything. Had to get a different sim from Vodafone and speed was significantly better.

Is there anything that can be done? It's unusable and why i have so many spare gigabytes as i cannot use them.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by JadeChan This message was authored by: JadeChan

Re: Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal

I'm having the same issue. My data is really bad, it's soo frustrating as when I'm out i can barely use my phone

This message was authored by Sandy0 This message was authored by: Sandy0

ThRe: Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal

Same here! Have had EE and never experienced such bad mobile internet! This one switches off constantly and useless at this point. The only place it has constant signal is at home where I have WiFi ;D. Only just moved to Sky but will have to change back because there is nothing worse than not beeing able to use your Mobile internet when you need it! And funny how Sky blame it on bad weather or say that many are using in the are. I switch to my EE and never have issue the same place and time so it's 100% Sky not weather or whatever else they come up with! 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Sky Mobile uses O2 which is known to be a very slow and cogested network in many areas.

This message was authored by NaomiG1990 This message was authored by: NaomiG1990

I also have this issue . My signal says I have internet ... yet it is so slow & nothing will load . I was previously with EE & the lady on the phone warned me about switching and that I'll notice the signal difference ... & she was right ;( Sadly , I'm stuck in a contract 

This message was authored by Sonking This message was authored by: Sonking

The same thing happens to me too Re: Sky mobile data very slow despite good signal

The same thing happened to me good signal no data

This message was authored by Leanne1000 This message was authored by: Leanne1000

We have been with sky for over 5 years. Previously the network was fine but now the data speed is so consistently slow it is unmanageable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion